Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The testing is absolute bollocks, i have zero faith in it. The fact that all of this hangs on these guys being tested twice a week is madness.

My mum tested positive while in hospital for 2hrs, she lives with us but we all tested negative. I had her tested again and it came back negative. Her GP told her he 100% knows he had it due to severe symptoms, but he tested negative 4 times. Someone will unfortunately get ill from this, i still don't think these dickheads will stop.

Full credit to Troy Deeney to refuse to be bullied to return to play a game of football , his family comes first , i can see a lot more players taking this stance and the "integrity" league will look more like an U-23 tournament , you have got to laugh at the Premeir league , UEFA and Sky etc desperation to get footy back on the telly. The billion quid the Premeir league will lose if they curtail this season can be worked out over the next couple of years contracts with the TV companies , just finish this season now , give the Dippers the most tainted title in history , and lets get a ready for an August return for next season , when hopefully we are further down the line with ant-bodies and a vaccine.
What's a few more weeks going to matter , players need more assurances before risking there's and there families lives , i am all for bringing football back and cant wait to see our lads take the title back from the Dippers next season. But we need to follow Belgium,Holland,France and Scotland and bin this season , and UEFA can go and swivel.

"Premier League Inspectors will be at each training ground to make sure clubs are sticking to the social distancing regulation's..."

That'll be a 10 point points deduction for us. Liverpool awarded the title. Season closed.

The testing is absolute bollocks, i have zero faith in it. The fact that all of this hangs on these guys being tested twice a week is madness.

My mum tested positive while in hospital for 2hrs, she lives with us but we all tested negative. I had her tested again and it came back negative. Her GP told her he 100% knows he had it due to severe symptoms, but he tested negative 4 times. Someone will unfortunately get ill from this, i still don't think these dickheads will stop.

It’s weird that no one in the media ever talks about the accuracy of the tests! It’s around 70% accurate! All players staff need to be tested every day for a week and it be negative before any player considers coming back just to train!

Social distancing is becoming the new flagship for faux-safety, put some arrows on the floor and we're good to go. I am sure the PL will hang everything on that to make this circus happen.

Reactions: mat
It’s weird that no one in the media ever talks about the accuracy of the tests! It’s around 70% accurate! All players staff need to be tested every day for a week and it be negative before any player considers coming back just to train!
I read there was a study done that showed a tonne of potential false-negatives. Just don't think they know enough about this and haven't got an accurate enough testing sequence, because i have been through the cycle. However, it wouldn't surprise me if money has somehow magically found a more accurate test that we the scum population aren't allowed..

I would love it if, when the fans are allowed in, all the stadiums are less than half full period.
It will be interesting to see what happens. I presume that clubs won't be allowed full capacity crowds for a long period in any event. Certainly we have an older age demographic fanbase than most other clubs so will have more people at risk. My gut feeling is it will much harder for all clubs to sell tickets.

If football is given the green light to go ahead I am assuming that we, the general public, will be allowed to mix with larger groups of up to the 11 (i.e. the opposition) who are not part of the same household. There is no point in isolating if you are then mixing with players of another club in close proximity (corners, free kicks etc), that is unless everyone can mix outdoors with up to 11 other people. It's total madness to finish this season when we should be more concerned about starting next season. This one should be null and void, sorry to teams like Leeds (well maybe not), WBA, Coventry etc who thought they might be promoted, lucky boys to teams like Norwich, Luton etc who won't be relegated and a big unlucky to any team that hasn't won the league in 30 years. Why has there been no discussion about restarting the FA Cup which only has seven games to play, oh that's right money!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.