Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Baffled by spit the dog's latest comments. He's said good job it's only six positive tests in the premier league, twenty or so would have been a problem?

Aside from being insensitive and self centred, not to mention that certain teams are now at a disadvantage for a June restart, will it actually take a passing before these sections of the media and footballing bodies stop pushing for the league to be completed at all costs?

What about ten, would that be an ok number Jamie? Fifteen? What about if two of those were Salah and Van Dyke? Still ok?

Totally agree. I said previously, even 1 was too many - can you imagine the dippers agreeing to play if VDV has covid? No. What about if Kane has it, do spurs plough on and play? And the rags..what if their best player gets it...Anthony Taylor?

Just thought the same when I read Dan Roan's nonsense on the BBC sport pages. He thinks it is good that it is only 6 and he is at pains to stress that most are at one club. The sensible approach of course would be to say, they are mostly at one club so why dont we keep it that way be scrapping it all until next season.

And methinks that if one of those 6 should sadly pass away, it will be reported as one death from the total amount tested rather than from the six.

The thing is... there’s a minuscule chance of a player dying from it. They’re young, incredibly fit and constantly monitored

However a player could quite easily catch it and pass it onto one of his vulnerable kids or elderly relatives

The football authorities would see that as collateral damage and basically wouldn’t give a fuck !!

I don't think she is saying that they will die but that they are just as liable to contract the virus which if they do means a period of quarantine for those that they have been in contact with. Don't forget that whilst the virus does kill the vast majority of those who have contracted it do recover but I am not sure that is what the medically trained Doctor is saying. She is just stating that they are just as likely to contract the virus as other groups of people are and that they are not immune just because they are fitter than most.

So she's saying that footballers can catch coronavirus? I've not got a medical degree and even I would have thought that. The thought process on this thread was that there are genuinely vulnerable people who are at real risk of death working to support society, footballers don't fall into that category bud.

It's not an argument, just tting a point across.

So she's saying that footballers can catch coronavirus? I've not got a medical degree and even I would have thought that. The thought process on this thread was that there are genuinely vulnerable people who are at real risk of death working to support society, footballers don't fall into that category bud.

It's not an argument, just tting a point across.
Missing the point. Someone inferred that footballers are young, fit and healthy and aren’t as likely to catch the virus. The doctor made the point that this isn’t actually the case and I was just pointing this out. Of course there are others more vulnerable but why should footballers be rushed back to work when those less likely to be affected such as small children aren’t rushing back to school.

Missing the point. Someone inferred that footballers are young, fit and healthy and aren’t as likely to catch the virus. The doctor made the point that this isn’t actually the case and I was just pointing this out. Of course there are others more vulnerable but why should footballers be rushed back to work when those less likely to be affected such as small children aren’t rushing back to school.

I don't think they should be rushed back, the season should be over finish the end. It's obvious footballers can catch the virus anyone can you don't need a degree in medicine to work that out.

You and your co-workers are required to practice social distancing or you wouldn't be able to operate.
The reality in a production setting is very different, as is many other work places.
It's impossible to social distance on our shop floor , many of the jobs require two or three men at a time but my company hasn't shut down or been shut down for even one day.
There is no union, so most are having to work as they can't afford not to.
Players are unionised, they could refuse to play if they really felt unsafe, i don't understand why they don't, they hold the power

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.