Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

One idea that seems to be gaining traction is that the season is frozen, Liverpool awarded the title, no relegation, Leeds & WBA promoted, 2 up 4 down next season. Would probably have to scrap Carabao cup to make room for extra fixtures

I don't see how that is any fairer on anyone. championship played with 2 teams less? freezing it at any point is an incomplete season. it becomes a luck of timing situation. that can't be fair

Think the outcome will be decided consensually. So, in Khaldoon we trust. Whatever the decision, no need to get upset about it, given what's happening outside football. In a month, the issue will look academic.
I dont, I think the outcome will be taken out of the hands of the ruling bodies when the Government realise they can no longer keep ducking the issues

I don't see how that is any fairer on anyone. championship played with 2 teams less? freezing it at any point is an incomplete season. it becomes a luck of timing situation. that can't be fair

No decision can be completely fair. Voiding the season means that Leicester are missing on the CL and they might not be able to compete with the big boys soon. What about SU who might need decades before competing for 5th or even 4th again.

An unprecedented situation has occurred,while we prepare for what is yet to come,the likes of the premier league should be cancelled altogether,but I posted on another thread that sky and bt will be desperate to finish the season even if it means played behind closed doors ..

I dont, I think the outcome will be taken out of the hands of the ruling bodies when the Government realise they can no longer keep ducking the issues

Whether Liverpool will be awarded the title will depend entirely on the PL.

One idea that seems to be gaining traction is that the season is frozen, Liverpool awarded the title, no relegation, Leeds & WBA promoted, 2 up 4 down next season. Would probably have to scrap Carabao cup to make room for extra fixtures

Carabao will be delighted by that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.