Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Unless the virus is under serious control within 1 month then pray for the old and cancel this season. Laugh like fuck at the scousers

Does anyone think the season should be voided?

Big Nose Thompson said we should play the remaining games as its only right and proper that the season is concluded..

Spit said the same to be fair, well I think that's what he said, could have been some static the kitchen radio picked up at the time, did sound like him though..

Two upstanding pillars of the sporting community wanting to do the right thing..!

Wonder if they'd be as keen if we were out in front..?

What am I thinking...of course they would.. It's for the good of the game you see..!

We have friends, teachers here in South West Scotland who have been told to prepare to close next week with August given as date to reopen.
I hope we get the same info next week. I have colleagues totally stressed out at being stuck in an overcrowded classroom with 30+ adolescents who have no concept of personal hygiene.
Every hour is like a trip to dipperpool.

Welcome to the new reality.

Europe went almost a decade without football during the last century.
Not quite.
Women’s football was played and also games between the 3 services.
Matt Busby played for England in one game as we were short of players.
26m ago 12:23

"The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised Britons against all but essential travel to Madrid and some other regions of Spain.

We are advising against all but essential travel to the regions of Madrid, La Rioja and the municipalities of La Bastida, Vitoria and Miranda de Ebro. Airlines are continuing to run flights as normal to and from these areas."

Remind me again how many Atlético Madrid fans were at Anfield?

Fucking shambles!
never mind Anfield. They were in Piccadilly train station when I was getting my train.

This can be resolved. Cancel football until Christmas. Pick up where we left off with time to spare. Cancel next season allowing out of contract players to move due to extraordinary circumstances. No way will this be overcome by the summer so just no Euros at all until 2024. Big clubs to help others survive by prem players foregoing. 10 percent of wages.
Why not go the whole hog & pick up again in a year last week like fuck all has happened, could just call it a pre season winter break...

LAST
What about the players that are out of contract in the summer or them due in. Eg, El Mago he'll be in Gran Canaria, will Leroy play for us or Bayern?

That's a fair point. Not only may we have seen David's last game in a City Shirt but also Leroy too. Most likely the greatest City team we have ever seen could be dismantling already. Ah well, it was great while it lasted.

LAST

That's a fair point. Not only may we have seen David's last game in a City Shirt but also Leroy too. Most likely the greatest City team we have ever seen could be dismantling already. Ah well, it was great while it lasted.

Sad, but what is it they say? "The king is dead long live the king" can't wait to see what Pep is cooking up for us to feast on.

If Liverpool are somehow awarded the title you have to say it would seem like a hollow victory for their supporters.

I’d be gutted if any of our title winning seasons had ended without us being able to celebrate them by being there or at least watching the game that clinched it.

It was never going to be an Aguero moment or even going to the last game but what a shit way to win it.

Online Liverpool supporters are bizarre but the ones I know personally are decent people. Sometimes you have to put club rivalry aside and I’d gladly swap a Liverpool title win for no Coronavirus pandemic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.