Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Do you know what I'm past caring.
This season has been a complete disgrace in terms of favouritism towards Liverpool with VAR and bent officiating. This to coincide with Scudamores request for a more competitive prem except it hasn't been

I reckon this time off will see a lot of fans say "fuck it" not just blues but fans of other teams too.
I'm not sure I'll renew to be honest it's not football anymore.

This season has been a complete disgrace in terms of favouritism towards Liverpool with VAR and bent officiating. This to coincide with Scudamores request for a more competitive prem except it hasn't been

I reckon this time off will see a lot of fans say "fuck it" not just blues but fans of other teams too.
you will feel better in August....a new season watching us defend our title :)

Please don't feel like that. You are probably just down.
Try to think of things another way. We were due a dip in form what ever happened.

Never trap a dangerous animal in a corner. There is only one way they are coming out. Straight through you!
City are now fighting back.
The gloves are off any we are coming out swinging.

All this delay is doing is giving us time to to get players back fit and healthy.
Come the transfer window, we will be in the market to spend big.
We know the defence is suspect and needs a few correction to sort the problem out.

As for the dippers. They had already peaked. They just won't have the fight they have had for the last three years.
United are nowhere near where the press would like us to believe. They beat a few no names and suddenly they are back. (don't they ever learn?)
That is actually good for us, because they will keep the manager.

Things are a lot brighter than we could ever have hoped for.

Season starts again about Sep and finishes November. Have a winter break and play next two season about Feb to October. Given we have a stupid World Cup in Nov 2022 that fits perfectly and then work back after that. Although we all know a better approach is scrap and start again and Scousers win nowt
Sky and BT will never agree to that. And given that they will be demanding a shed load of money back they’ll have even more sway than usual.

From their viewpoint once football resumes it has to continue. Not stop, start, stop again. They will accept the pain of one disrupted season but not two. They’ll be wanting to get back their lost subscribers ASAP and they won’t do that if there’s another break.

And I think most football fans would hate the idea of another break just after football had resumed.

Six more matches each.
The league cup is one option. Depends what the contract with the sponsor is.
Cancelling international friendlies is another option.
I assume that is what is being discussed at the moment.

If the league cup is scrapped, i doubt it will ever be back.

Clubs won’t like this. Splitting the cash amongst 22 rather than 20.

I see that the Brighton chairman has come out in favour of awarding the premiership title to Liverpool. I am sure he is the owner of a betting syndicate company and according to football leaks last year Brighton were part of a premiership group along with Liverpool and certain referees who could possibly influence the premiership. I would guess their is a lot of money to be paid out if Liverpool win the title.

We lose our cups? No. We won them before anything happened. Fairly, done and dusted.

Good try mate but sorry, the whole season nullified and void. But the silver lining is, no raggies or wolves double over us, no fuck up at Norwich or Anfield and the dippers equaling our winning run GONE. Barman 1 more pint please.

Season starts again about Sep and finishes November. Have a winter break and play next two season about Feb to October. Given we have a stupid World Cup in Nov 2022 that fits perfectly and then work back after that. Although we all know a better approach is scrap and start again and Scousers win nowt

And UEFA are going to host the European Championship in summer 2021 when the PL are playing? This season is over and it won’t complete. Getting the 2020/21 season started and finished between Aug 20 and May 21 will be a major challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.