Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Dr. Eva Carneiro (former Chelsea doctor) wrote an article in the Mail that ended any chance of finishing the Premier League season today IMO.

She wrote (and linked studies proving) that professional footballers are known to have a suppressed immune system because of their contstant travelling and intense exercise every couple of days, and that there is a proven increased prevalence of upper respiratory tract infections in footballers.

There is no way in hell the players accept playing in anything other than normal, pre-pandemic conditions if they are aware that they're basically an at risk group and playing football 3x a week makes you immunosuppressed.

It completely knocks the idea touted around of just playing every other day to finish the season.

Dr. Eva Carneiro (former Chelsea doctor) wrote an article in the Mail that ended any chance of finishing the Premier League season today IMO.

She wrote (and linked studies proving) that professional footballers are known to have a suppressed immune system because of their contstant travelling and intense exercise every couple of days, and that there is a proven increased prevalence of upper respiratory tract infections in footballers.

There is no way in hell the players accept playing in anything other than normal, pre-pandemic conditions if they are aware that they're basically an at risk group.
I really think money comes before players health,i would back our player in refusing to play

So there’s no official records then?
Or minor matters like trophies, promotion, relegation etc?

I’ve no idea, just had another look and there seemed to be a London Cup as well as league matches. I was assuming a genuine interest on your part.
If on the other hand, as your latest response suggests, and apologies if I’ve misinterpreted, you’re asking a question you think you already know the answer to, why bother?
I made my original post to point out that in times of national emergency in the past football has continued, as has other sport - even cycle races in Northern Europe in the early 40s - as part of a ‘some semblance of life should go on’ and for reasons of morale, release and diversion, and I stand by that.
That was the point I was making, not about whether in the years afterward the results were published and honours given out. I’m honestly not that interested to dig around for that, doesn’t really matter either way.

Re the current situation, my view, which I think is a minority on here, is that the football authorities need to 1) shut up, and 2) leave things for a while and wait and see how things pan out, not rush to make any decisions, and 3) if at all possible try and finish the competitions, but if they can’t for whatever reason, then so be it.
I just can’t see why there’s this rush to fill the vacuum with daily needless speculation at this stage, although with such an unhealthily overdeveloped sports media in this country, I probably can.

On a side note how on earth is Boris who's 55 dating someone who is 32?
That's staggering.

I can’t even remember who was top, oh well that’s how it goes when comps are voided.

there were 2 trophy’s awarded though ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.