Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It's going to be a total farce. What with this and the nonsense over FFP, and the abuse of VAR, I begin to think I might be finished with football. It's obvious to me that the game has no integrity any more, and it's all about serving the interests of certain cartel clubs. If I wanted to follow a joke, pretend sport, I'd watch WWF wrestling.

Just spent the day cutting grass within a few minutes it became very uncomfortable wearing a mask , how the hell they are going to train or play in a mask is a f**king joke.
I wish you had mown next doors lawn. It would have stopped three generations of them sitting chatting in the sun for an hour, seven of them around a standard garden table. Every one within about 4 foot of everyone else. Then the obligatory hugs as they drove home.
No wonder the TV companies and the PL can rely on the stupidity of the British public

From the briefing

lifting the nation's spirits,never mind safety of all providing the entertainment

Premier league return ? Would lift the spirits of the nation,gov have been discussing with sports bodies but following the science,would be behind closed doors for all sports to begin with ,seeing if it can be done safely

So to keep the integrity of the game they are intending to destroy any integrity that remained by having more substitutes, games not being the full 45 minutes each and neutral stadiums. RIIIIIIIIGHT. We have a number of players, including the manager, who are abroad at the moment. If they came back they would need 14 days of self isolation at the very least. Let's say they get the go ahead to start training again from next week, that takes us until at least the 25th before these players and the manager can return. If this season means so much to them, prove it and cancel next season so it can be completed safely.
The Germans aren't isolsting the whole team after players testing positive,seems that rule is going out of the window already

From the briefing

lifting the nation's spirits,never mind safety of all providing the entertainment

Premier league return ? Would lift the spirits of the nation,gov have been discussing with sports bodies but following the science,would be behind closed doors for all sports to begin with ,seeing if it can be done safely

How do the government know that playing football without fans is going to lift our spirits. Can someone post a survey to back this view up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.