Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

This consistent desire to attempt to finish this season, come what may, is pure evidence of how football is just a sporting guise for a money making racket where the vultures that rule, be it owners, broadcasters or associations, are quite willing to pick every bit of flesh from any rotting carcass they can find.

Luckily I decided much earlier this season that I'd fallen out of love with the game and that it was just becoming a habit attending games and that I actually liked the close season better! I think this break will polarise many to the same opinion that the game we once loved has long since been stolen from us and prostituted without any of our say so.

If it wasn't for the hardships that would befall lower league clubs and their employees, I would gladly see the game implode financially and for football to rid itself of TV contracts, foreign owners and mercenary players and agents. It is those and their like, that have obliterated the game from what it was, and have marketed it to be a money pot, and not a game that can be supported by locals for the benefit of the local community. In short, give me the wooden seats or terraces of the 70's any day, when it was all local folk attending and literally any team could make a challenge for the title. Of course I expect to be deluged with those who may say that if it wasn't for ADG we wouldn't have prospered of late and that's completely true. It's also completely true to say that prior to 92/93 and theft of our game by Sky, that the league was more competative and it was watched by largely local working class folk and those clubs served their communities by providing a fortnightly release from every day drudgery. Anyway I'm not so stupid to realise that it won't return to what it was but I'm also intelligent enough to never return myself as frankly not one more penny of mine will feed this blood sucking charade.

The rags have spoken....lifted from the Times.

Manchester United have confirmed that they would rebuff any attempts to declare the Premier League season null and void because of the coronavirus outbreak.

In a statement to supporters, the club revealed for the first time that they want the season to be completed, even though doing so would mean that their great rivals Liverpool would almost certainly win their first title in 30 years.

you wonder what LFC are doing in return for this show of generous spiritedness from the rags. It’s almost as though MUFC got LFC to join with, say writing a letter to UEFA that will have no bearing on them whatsoever.

This seasons over, and probably the next one as well.
At first it was desperation by sky/bt/Liverpool etc etc now it’s getting offensive that they keep pushing for it to restart with all that’s going on.

To be honest and I take your word for it and believe it.
But I havent had sky sports or BT on since the league stopped , dont miss it one bit. Its national geographic, history, or yesterday channels for me lol

Gary nevilles being obtuse on Twitter, saying players need to suck it up and play the games even over a 9 day window if that’s what it takes.

Also this season has to finish even if next season has to be condensed/affected in some way.
Says there’s no other feasible way.

There is though, I mean I can think of at least a other option...

Gary nevilles being obtuse on Twitter, saying players need to suck it up and play the games even over a 9 day window if that’s what it takes.

Also this season has to finish even if next season has to be condensed/affected in some way.
Says there’s no other feasible way.

There is though, I mean I can think of at least a other option...
Radical change in direction from the goat feeder there - almost as if his media employers have had a word....

This consistent desire to attempt to finish this season, come what may, is pure evidence of how football is just a sporting guise for a money making racket where the vultures that rule, be it owners, broadcasters or associations, are quite willing to pick every bit of flesh from any rotting carcass they can find.

Luckily I decided much earlier this season that I'd fallen out of love with the game and that it was just becoming a habit attending games and that I actually liked the close season better! I think this break will polarise many to the same opinion that the game we once loved has long since been stolen from us and prostituted without any of our say so.

If it wasn't for the hardships that would befall lower league clubs and their employees, I would gladly see the game implode financially and for football to rid itself of TV contracts, foreign owners and mercenary players and agents. It is those and their like, that have obliterated the game from what it was, and have marketed it to be a money pot, and not a game that can be supported by locals for the benefit of the local community. In short, give me the wooden seats or terraces of the 70's any day, when it was all local folk attending and literally any team could make a challenge for the title. Of course I expect to be deluged with those who may say that if it wasn't for ADG we wouldn't have prospered of late and that's completely true. It's also completely true to say that prior to 92/93 and theft of our game by Sky, that the league was more competative and it was watched by largely local working class folk and those clubs served their communities by providing a fortnightly release from every day drudgery. Anyway I'm not so stupid to realise that it won't return to what it was but I'm also intelligent enough to never return myself as frankly not one more penny of mine will feed this blood sucking charade.

In my dream some of the G14 and say utd, liverpool etc go bust . New clubs join us with new money and a more healthy modern way of running football and football clubs. It will be refreshing to have other non glamour clubs having a say.
Football is reorganised and doesnt sell its soul to the highest tv bidder. Football refocus on the fans and community (City are good at this). Football goes back to 3pm ko and Wednesday 7:30ko.
Football becomes more even , the press stop building up hatred between fans .

And than I wake up to read how the league must finish regardless of how many are dying.

Thanks,isn't it sad they haven't decided to not do it because of the fact a killer virus might kill everyone,what is fucking wrong with them

I am done with football i really am, i will never miss our games but the football bodies ,the media and the clubs we know are pushing to finish the season make me sick to my stomach,add pigmol and var and even the notion of a fair game has gone

Hurts to admit it... you are right. Football has disappeared up its own arse I’m afraid.

To be honest and I take your word for it and believe it.
But I havent had sky sports or BT on since the league stopped , dont miss it one bit. Its national geographic, history, or yesterday channels for me lol

Sky sports has turned into the History channel ! Game after game of Liverpool and the Rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.