Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by berryblue, 9 Mar 2020.

1. karen7

karen7

Absolutely,this is why they have been given donation to specific causes in their own countries which imo is the right way to go,they clearly want to help employees at their clubs,the jokers who are furlowing aside,as the tax payer is paying for them,the right to be cautious about where it goes

blue aura and waspish like this.
  2. iceman

iceman

Maybe the players get paid in full so NHS doesn't lose out then donate 30% back to support others

3. Tb1981

Tb1981

Maybe the 30% is after tax
    Pfa are a set of wankers, trying to deflect

If I was government I would be putting a hit list now of people to fuck royally in the years to come
    Virgin
    Sports direct
    Pfa
    Spurs
    Liverpool
    Britannia hotels

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Can't see professional football going back to normal after all this. Shown itself to be as riddled with degenerates as a party at Jeffrey Epstein's house. Pure greed is never a good look.

5. lazerblue

lazerblue

how can they play the remaining games without permission from the government, i wouldn't think they could just decide it themselves

6. marco

marco

correct,they just cant turn round and say there doing this that and the other,what about players,im not sure if all the players are in the UK so when this is near back to normal were not going to open the borders up for people to come and go as they like,players who may have lost parents or other relatives may wish to remain in their country for some time,the more the FA push for this the more disgusting they look

7. Bluechipblue

Bluechipblue

I'm sure he will do when he gets his winnings back from an Asian bookmaker, after lumping it all on red. Allegedly.

waspish likes this.
  8. Cornish_Blue

Cornish_Blue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    The PL & FA are hell bent on trying to get this season completed. It’s a disgrace and a complete disrespect of the death of all those who have succumbed to this virus.
    They have No FCUKING shame. It makes me sick.

9. The Clansman

The Clansman

PFA should know full well of the scenarios here.
    Scenario 1
    Player A takes a 30% wage cut as a salary waiver which would need to be effective for tax purposes. Say player A is on £100k per week. A salary waiver would mean his salary would reduce to £70k per week with PAYE and NI on the £70k. The £30k would remain with the club (to do with as they please and who is to say that it would be passed on). This would reduce the tax and ni to the government on the basis that tax and ni could only be charged on £70k but would leave the club better off by £30k per week. This seems to be where the PFA are at.

However...

Scenario 2
    Player A continued to receive £100k per week (i.e. with no salary waiver). The PAYE and NI would be paid in the same amount (on the £100k) to the government (and therefore keeping the contribution to the government the same) but the player might agree to making a donation (say 30%) out of net salary. The difference being that the player then has more control over where the money goes.

PFA must know scenario 2 is is doable and to suggest that the government might be out of pocket is risable to say the least.

Scottish Cityzen likes this.
  10. maccieblue

maccieblue

Especially as that type of insurance would have been relatively cheap, being as its never happened before and probably won't happen again. Its a bit like the fire bit of your third party fire and theft on your car insurance, how many claims are there for the fire part, but you pay the bit extra just in case