Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Virus aside and by no means wanting games to start again any time soon,i miss it,i never thought i would be able to travel and go to games again,by the end of may i would have been to five games in 12 months,all over the place,met about sixty off here already,i fear now i will never be able to go to any more,total selfish view i understand

I don't want it to start again this year,behind closed doors is awful for everybody and the safety of the players and everyone else involved cannot be certain for i don't know how long,i am sure they are itching to play but accept the situation seemingly a lot better than the football bodies,FIFA aside

How much sway do they have over the other football bodies? Who makes the ultimate decisions?

54e215525eb09dfe80eb8206a76eaa74.jpg

UEFA are exploring the possibility of completing this season's Champions League and Europa League competitions in a three-week block this August

@DExpress_Sport

Sky Sports will not demand to be repaid the £371 million they are owed by the Premier League, if the current season is cancelled. Talks are ongoing to find an alternative way to make good any lost value in the event that the campaign cannot be finished

@MailSport

English football officials are stepping up their efforts to restart matches in June, after being informed by the UK government that they may not be able to open their stadiums to fans for more than a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

@sundayworld (irish paper)

I’ve been thinking... that IF this season is made null and void what happens to Boston who were deducted points at the start of the season? Will they start on a level playing field? What about Macclesfield who were deducted points halfway through the season.
And what about Bury. Will they be given the opportunity to start again?

Just seen a picture of the millennium stadium converted into a hospital maybe send that picture to these knobheads and see if that send home the message

Insurance companies will have 0 say in it as they never have. Players get injured in pre-season and in training, and no matter what the schedule players will still get injured.
its not about sports related injuries, lets asume the club goes to one of these so called isolated camps to complete the season and say Sterling came down with the virus, he survived but was left with lung damage which ended his career, do you think the insurance company are going to cough up 'pardon the pun' any insurance company worth their salt would be on this like a rash, a claim like that has the potential for loss of wages and future income and Sterlings income over the remainder of his carear would be massive, insurance comanys draw up their contracts im afraid ,the customer buys it or moves on. uninsurable for an event like that under the circumstances

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.