Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I think what you’re saying is right but I still think football behind closed doors will happen whether that’s in 3 months or 6. Also agree there is no way this virus can be fully under control in that time.

If it’s safe for the players then it should be safe for the fans. Football behind closed doors is pointless, it was seen as a punishment up until 6 weeks ago now it’s a positive

But let’s pretend this does happen(in pretty sure it won’t) it will creat the problem it is trying to solve. Do you seriously think(assuming there is an appetite for football) that Liverpool fans will be sat in the house having a cup of tea when they win the league or Villa fans will just have a dance in the living room if they stay up? Of course not, there will be 1000s on the streets hugging and kissing each other

But that’s after you convince the local hospitals to lend an ambulance and staff for several hours so a few millionaires can have a kick about.

It’s a non-starter

I think what you’re saying is right but I still think football behind closed doors will happen whether that’s in 3 months or 6. Also agree there is no way this virus can be fully under control in that time.
I am not sure. If LFC win the games against Arsenal, Everton, City (Which would have been away matches) and they break the points record, goals record, biggest gap ever etc etc... Are we really going to accept that as a record breaking season? Nah it would have asterisks all over it imo, therefore any titles won in empty stadiums shuold be astirisked

Premier League matches could return solely as a 'TV event' in June or July, with multiple games a day potentially played at Wembley Stadium. [
@TimesSport
via
@MailSport
As if by magic the first nobhead speaks.
Unbelievable.

Kieran Jackson is his name, talking out of his arse is his game.

And in the words of jimmy cricket.....c'mere there's more.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.