Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Premier League season may be completed in a five-week period, with the hope that teams will still use their own stadia, even if all matches have to be behind closed doors. Each team is expected to play around two games a week, over 35 days. [
@TeleFootbal

The two scenarios that appear to now exist for the Premier League are: Completing the season behind closed doors, without fans and with a skeleton staff in the stadium including a limited broadcast crew, OR curtailing the campaign.

There is no prospect at present of fans attending games with health officers advising that the likelihood is the Government will not sanction mass gatherings until the autumn.

The Premier League have blocked Sky Sports and BT Sport from asking any questions about the resumption of the football season or the impact of the suspension on players. [
@MailSport

FIFA cannot extend player contracts beyond June 30th - players whose contracts are ending will become free agents from July 1st.
@moillorens
via
@BarcaTimes

The FA has offered the use of Wembley Stadium and St George's Park as neutral venues to help finish the Premier League season.

@TimesSport

only 3 words in all that, that make any sense "curtailing the campaign"

Premier League season may be completed in a five-week period, with the hope that teams will still use their own stadia, even if all matches have to be behind closed doors. Each team is expected to play around two games a week, over 35 days. [
@TeleFootbal

The two scenarios that appear to now exist for the Premier League are: Completing the season behind closed doors, without fans and with a skeleton staff in the stadium including a limited broadcast crew, OR curtailing the campaign.

There is no prospect at present of fans attending games with health officers advising that the likelihood is the Government will not sanction mass gatherings until the autumn.

The Premier League have blocked Sky Sports and BT Sport from asking any questions about the resumption of the football season or the impact of the suspension on players. [
@MailSport

FIFA cannot extend player contracts beyond June 30th - players whose contracts are ending will become free agents from July 1st.
@moillorens
via
@BarcaTimes

The FA has offered the use of Wembley Stadium and St George's Park as neutral venues to help finish the Premier League season.

@TimesSport

The more they keep saying and reporting games to be played behind closed doors Virus test to make it safe a Skelton team of people all tested the more the narrative will creep into some fans thinking and believe it be a good thing! So these articles will keep coming every other day!

With city saying weeks ago that they will not play until it’s 100% safe will playing behind closed doors and testing be 100% safe?

The only ones pushing for the completion of the League during this pandemic are Rag/Scouse MSM sycophants.

They really are living in La La Land.

It is not going to happen,not in a million years.

Even in the highly unlikely event the proposed Closed Door games are given the go ahead by the greedy FA,UK Government would intervene (which they wont).

If not UK Govt,the Police would intervene citing serious dangers to Public health, and safety, with the potential for spontaneous mass gatherings.

Then you have the logistical side of organizing these "vanity" games,dragging away Doctors,Paramedics, from front line Health Care, to cover these games during a pandemic.

It is not going to happen.

This Pandemic has not got going yet.It is only warming up.

If it follows a similar trajectory to the Flu pandemic of 1918.Then right now we are only experiencing the first wave of it.

The second wave will be 4 times more deadly in a couple of Months time.

WHO is predicting it will not peak until September.

In China right now they are having fresh break outs.There are also over 100 cases of those who initially recovered, relapsing/or being reinfected.I have heard it being described like an Airborne AIDS virus.You catch it is yours to keep.Many will die,many will recover,many will face a life time or relapses because it stays in the Body.Hence the urgent need for a vaccine.

Seriously nasty stuff.

We still dont know what the end cost in human life will be.

Yet MSM gets more ridiculous by the Day with their proposal to bring back a game of Football nobody other than them gives a shit about.

Get Liverpool across the line at all costs.Even if means negotiating a path through the dead.

Both Classless,and sickening,
Two of my daughters friends are starting at the London Nightingale. Both are NHS scientists, one was drafted in, because her work in fertility clinics stopped, the other volunteered. The choice was live in a hotel, all food and exes provided, work 12 hr shifts, rotating night and day 4 days per week minimum or live at home and work more sociable shifts, nursing the terminally ill. They were told patient death rates of 80% were to be expected. So a choice of seeing large scale death or fucking large scale death! No good choices for them, and we fear for them both given what is known about viral loadings. NHS staff are getting exposed to much stronger doses of this virus. PPE and protocols help enormously but eventually the virus will get through and as we have seen it will kill previously healthy people. A significant number of our population still don't get it how this virus is spreading and there are a fair few of mindless morons that will be responsible for killing themselves and others, they do not give a shit . I'm sorry if i have posted similar stuff before. Germany has suffered fewer deaths due to their stringent testing regimes. It's not to say the virus is not present and unless they have a vaccine, they cannot prevent it's spread if they relaed lock down. One footballer with the virus will sort out their footballing plans. Our idiotic football chiefs think we can copy them. They are out of the same fucking eggs as the idiots riding around on motocross bikes and quads whilst their mums are cooking up their dinner on the street party barbecue. If Kenny Dalgleish dies of this virus (God forbid that he does) there will be some idiot that says the Premier League should continue/ be handed to LiVAR pool as a mark of respect and tribute , i can hear it now

Think about the practicality of playing behind closed doors, I won’t highlight them as it’s been done multiple dozens of time in this thread It’s not going to happen football is over for the considerable future The NHS are expecting a spike in cases due to the Easter break with idiots ignoring the advice, as others have said how many fans would turn up outside stadiums, it happened when clubs played ECL games before the lock down, behind closed doors

All very good points but this virus will still be around in 12 months. Are you saying there will be no football played this year?

All very good points but this virus will still be around in 12 months. Are you saying there will be no football played this year?
Absolutely at least this year. It would take a major breakthrough for any type of event to be allowed The best they are talking at the moment is a tracking app, but we need a medical one

I expect there are a lot of us on here who have played amateur football at one level or another over the years. Anyone who has done so will also know how popular you are when you arrive at A&E on a Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon in full kit with a football-related injury. It's never actually spoken out loud. But there is an implicit you-were-asking-for-it feel to the atmosphere. Last time I ended up in A&E (knee ligaments) in full battle dress, there was a guy in rugby clobber laid out on a bed (in the waiting room) with his neck in one of those braces. He couldn't move his neck! And he'd been lying there for ages without anyone coming to see him. He seemed to be way down the batting order in terms of 'who's next, please'. I looked down at my knee (which I couldn't move either, by the way) and mentally settled in for a long, long wait under the hospital's (perfectly reasonable) 'most urgent first' scheme. And that was without a pandemic and daily reminders to just stay at home. Quite how healthcare workers would be expected to react to one (1!) admission caused by a football match is anyone's guess...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.