Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Never doubt the powers that be's determination to ensure that the dippers win the league. We've all seen the terrible VAR decisions that constantly go against us, how many times have we seem goals constantly reviewed compared to other (Red) teams, yet the total absence of VAR when we played them at theirs, the shoddy refereeing of our games, the blatant favouritism of Refs when they take charge of a dipper game.

I, like many others came into this season thinking that VAR would stop Liverpool's blatant cheating, late penalties, etc and neutralise their threat. Instead it's pretty bloody obvious that it was brought in to ensure they won the PL.

they still havent won it though, they had to be given it. LiVARpool won it controversially in the year that Corona Virus struck, no one will even remember it let alone celebrate it.

Let em have it, I was dreading all the wankathon over LFC winning the title.
Unfortunately G.T. the fact that their victory will be as hollow as fuck will not stop the media wankfest.

Not only that but don't be surprised if the broadcasting media make a bigger deal out it than our previous titles put together.

By hook or by crook they're going to spin it.

I just don’t see any alternative to the season being voided. Behind closed doors obviously has the the health risks, but also lower league clubs would go bust without ticket revenue.

even the staff needed to look after the pitch, security, canteen staff - it’s just too many people.

cramming all the games into a few weeks risks injury and would the players even want to do that. Scrap the season and start again in September

Sincere apologies if I understandably upset a lot of people. And I really do mean sincere. I work for an American owned company and have been there 34 years. In my current role as Operations Director, I have responsibility for C. 2,500 people. I have not long finished Google Hangout meetings with my bosses in America that are adamant I immediately implement redundancy programmes. It does not matter what we believe should be done in terms of furlough schemes, they remain to be convinced that demand will increase quickly enough to support their introduction. As all I am saying is we need to get a balanced view. Yes, what is happening is horrific, but the longer term consequences may be more so. I have a consultant friend whom is absolutely clear when he says the death rate from bronchitis, phemonia and influenza over the 4 weeks in November 2019 was a lot higher than he has seen in the last 4 weeks at his hospital in a city with a population of 265,000. I am not sure where the death rate is going to top out here, like anybody else, but I firmly believe we will see a death rate from suicide of around 60,000 over the next 12 rolling months, which is around 10 fold what we see today. Hope I am completely wrong however. Oh and by the way, I am not a thick c*** by the way, I mave a 2.1 masters and an MBA, just really worried about all the employees and their families I have befriended over the last 34 years. I await what my American leaders direct me to do tomorrow and will try and defend to the hilt before I go out and clap the NHS.

Sincere apologies if I understandably upset a lot of people. And I really do mean sincere. I work for an American owned company and have been there 34 years. In my current role as Operations Director, I have responsibility for C. 2,500 people. I have not long finished Google Hangout meetings with my bosses in America that are adamant I immediately implement redundancy programmes. It does not matter what we believe should be done in terms of furlough schemes, they remain to be convinced that demand will increase quickly enough to support their introduction. As all I am saying is we need to get a balanced view. Yes, what is happening is horrific, but the longer term consequences may be more so. I have a consultant friend whom is absolutely clear when he says the death rate from bronchitis, phemonia and influenza over the 4 weeks in November 2019 was a lot higher than he has seen in the last 4 weeks at his hospital in a city with a population of 265,000. I am not sure where the death rate is going to top out here, like anybody else, but I firmly believe we will see a death rate from suicide of around 60,000 over the next 12 rolling months, which is around 10 fold what we see today. Hope I am completely wrong however. Oh and by the way, I am not a thick c*** by the way, I mave a 2.1 masters and an MBA, just really worried about all the employees and their families I have befriended over the last 34 years. I await what my American leaders direct me to do tomorrow and will try and defend to the hilt before I go out and clap the NHS.

The suicide stats are going up in England anyway as the burden of the proof for the coroner has changed from 'beyond reasonable doubt' to 'on the balance of probabilities'. Therefore Open Verdicts a year ago are now Suicide.

The suicide stats are going up in England anyway as the burden of the proof for the coroner has changed from 'beyond reasonable doubt' to 'on the balance of probabilities'. Therefore Open Verdicts a year ago are now Suicide.

I know Corky, which means the increase may be pushed even further under the carpet in the scheme of things. Media will choose which direction to link it to depending on the direct benefits they see for themselves. Sad days. P. S. My venting my spleen was aimed at johnnytapia, but did not insert the quote correctly. Stay safe.

If they try and start behind closed doors, as soon as players get together training in mid May someone will show symptoms or test positive before a ball is kicked and it will just get voided

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.