Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The whole thing is a farce what happens one week your playing a weakened team against Watford because players are isolating then a week later you have a full squad against Bournemouth. Especially for the teams like I've mentioned who are fight for points.

its simple and it makes sense- void the season and put the energy in starting up in August behind closed doors,market the season and they will sell games for PPV, all plans will be in place for every club to play home and away even with VAR, all there doing at the moment is rushing this through without taking stock of the risks,,i have no inside info but my guess is that lot of teams are going to come out with players are infected and we cant put a squad together, 'get the drift'

Who is going to make the decision that we will restart the PL. I thought that the PL were waiting for Boris to make a decision. Boris will not. I point to the start of all this. It was the FA who decided to close down football. Boris only said later to no crowds.

Who is going to make the decision that we will restart the PL. I thought that the PL were waiting for Boris to make a decision. Boris will not. I point to the start of all this. It was the FA who decided to close down football. Boris only said later to no crowds.

I do think the government have messed up here. I reckon a week ago the told the premier league that they could target the start of June and I think their intention was to lift some restrictions. However there seems to have been a back lash to this and the government seem to be backtracking. Now they and the premier league have a problem.

No mate, you're wrong there. I had tickets for the last 4 home matches and was refunded in full, after 1 E mail, in 2 days.

Not for ST holders.

City can't not act on ST refunds without 100% confirmation on one hand and rip the pitch up on the other. Either one or both is made up.

Well maybe the PL restart will stall but as a City fans I would like City to explore the opportunity of playing out the Champions league. Not ideal circumstances but surely it would be better to have a crack at beating Real madrid and getting to the final, even if it is without fans, than not playing at all? And that goes for next season's Premier League. Some people do not want football to continue without the fans but it has to or there will be no football to return to.

It's about gritting your teeth and getting through this period, and preserving what you love.

There will ALWAYS be football mate.

Maybe it'll be football where the player gets paid less than a doctor.
Maybe it'll be football where players who verbally abuse the match officials get taken to task for their abuse.
Maybe it won't be football where the overpriced, prima-donna, players fall over whenever they get near the penalty area.
Maybe it won't be football where a team of ex-refs decide that a goal is ruled out because they deem a player's big toe on their left foot is offside.
Maybe it won't be football where a chosen team get given endless favourable decisions, cheating their way to a title they don't deserve to win.

...etc....etc...etc

If the crazy bubble bursts, maybe it'll be a SPORT again as opposed to being a political tool.

As you say keep saying, these are uncharted times and we all have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Welcome to the new normal. You might like to embrace it. ;)

Theres another brighton player whos tested positive so there probably waiting for him to test negative before they can anounce anything otherwise it would look like the farce it is!

The government will have to redo their botched new slogan and at the same time give the go ahead for football to start.

It's inevitable.

Ogden and Dunn sorted this out on the Sunday cesspit this morning

Players risk their health every time they play anyway so this is just the same

Brighton players having it shouldn't change any plans

Health of family and friends is important but it will raise spirits so we must risk it(you Ogden won't be risking anything as it is not you playing the contact sport,you will probably be at home)

All sorted

(Yes really)

Anyone who thinks there will be a clear message from Boris tonight is going to be disappointed.

'Boris will address the nation' so no chance for him to face questions then? No surprise there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.