Corruption in English football?

How did they get the actual 9 and a half minutes, for the second half ?
Watched it in a pub, with no sound. Was it mentioned in the post-match summary ?
Taffeta threatened to hit the 4th official with his Lego hair if they didnt.

They had a couple penalty shouts in that extra time. All very soft. But if they was really corrupt and desperate for Arsenal to get the 3 points they could easily have just pointed to the spot

They could do that & they didn’t as you say.

What was the extra time for, I only started watching from 70 mins. I assume stretchers were on a few times for over 10 mins?

Last edited:

What was the extra time for, I only started watching from 70 mins. I assume stretchers were on a few times for over 10 mins?

No idea I watched from from 3-3 to see what everyone was raving about - a great match by all accounts

They had a couple penalty shouts in that extra time. All very soft. But if they was really corrupt and desperate for Arsenal to get the 3 points they could easily have just pointed to the spot
Don't know if this time it was a directive or a personal choice but thought ref didn't fall for any ragesque dives, so on this one BH, I agree.

Last edited:

I don’t think the goalies do themselves any favours by taking the piss over every goal kick. The ref went up and had a word with him earlyish in the second half and was presumably telling him he was going to add it all on. But he carried on. Probably end up getting more time added on than they waste.

They were all pretty obvious dives. Giving any of them would have been far too obvious, drawing even more problematic attention.

People tend to have this false notion that unless they are deciding everything in favour of a team, they aren’t attempting to influence the outcome of a match.

Anyone that is familiar with how this sort of corruption is carried out, especially over long periods of time, will know that it is not how it works.

In this case, Hooper used booking Soton players, not booking Arsenal players, ignoring some pretty clear fouls on Soton players in dangerous areas (some prime Ward-Prowse territory), and extending added time, in hopes that would be enough to help Arsenal along.

And just because it was not successful, doesn’t mean they weren’t doing it.

They were all pretty obvious dives. Giving any of them would have been far too obvious, drawing the more problematic attention.

People tend to have this false notion that unless they are deciding everything in favour of a team, they aren’t attempting to influence the outcome of a match.

Anyone that is familiar with how this sort of corruption is carried out, especially over long periods of time, will know that it is not how it works.

Had they gave Arsenal a penalty = corruption

No penalty = this how corruption really works - it would look too obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.