Corruption in English football?

What the authorities need to do is encourage our rivals to do "good business practice" if they carry on with their business ie, false accounting charges and subjective rules VAR, they'll end up damaging their own product, not MCFC.
I agree. I would absolutely no problem with policies that “clean up” the business and sporting practices of other clubs to make them more competitive with us. That’s not corruption, or undue aid, that’s proper management of the enterprise.

But they have generally done the exact opposite, with previous and current league FFP and acquisition rules incentivising absolutely ludicrous behaviour that actually harms the clubs and ultimately their on-the-pitch performance.

So you’re argument is the league isn’t doing anything to try to stop City’s dominance, even though they have said many times they don’t want it (supposedly from any team), and are just waiting until Pep leaves in the hopes that will make the league more competitive again?
We are the best advert this league has ever had and that's some compliment.

We have arguably the world's best striker/player at the club and in his prime and without question the finest manager of his generation and probably one of the greats of all time.

We are disliked because of our owner, I think we are all aware of that.

I guess I don’t understand how you can believe that the league will not want us winning the title every year but do nothing at all to try to prevent it, as we go for our 5th title in 6 seasons, and don’t look like letting up for next season.

But, as I said, I can understand why people that have little exposure to this type of corruption (I suppose we could call it unethical malipulation, if that makes it feel less conspiratorial) would have trouble believing it has and/or is happening.

I can assure you, it is far more prevalent than most people believe at this sort of level, across industries.

Absolutely this.

It isn't about giving every decision one way, or even clearly incorrect individual decisions.

It's about tipping the scales to reduce how much better we are. It's about letting challenges go, for both sides, which reduces our control. It's about playing the advantage when we have reduced attacking numbers as theyve been taken out. It's about not carding players like Hojberg until his 5th assault, and carding Rodri on his first little foul.

It all adds up, it tilts the scales, it keeps the league competitive and exciting...

Last edited:
We are the best advert this league has ever had and that's some compliment.

We have arguably the world's best striker/player at the club and in his prime and without question the finest manager of his generation and probably one of the greats of all time.

We are disliked because of our owner, I think we are all aware of that.
But none of that contradicts not wanting us to win the league every year. That state—and I agree with you, we are a great draw—can exist without our dominance. In fact, it would probably be more lucrative without it. And that doesn’t address the very real harm to the cash cow clubs (from which the league still makes most of their money) of allowing any team (just happens to be us right now) from dominating.

Sorry, I just don’t think your stance makes much sense, especially in the context of what the league has said and what they have done publically (FFP designed to curtail our operations but enable those of the other cash cow clubs, the charges levied at the club, and other behind the scenes moves over the last few years).

I mean, there is clear evidence of them trying to bring us back in line with the other ‘top six’ clubs so we don’t dominant as we have been.

But none of that contradicts not wanting us to win the league every year. That state—and I agree with you, we are a great draw—can exist without our dominance. In fact, it would probably be more lucrative without it. And that doesn’t address the very real harm to the cash cow clubs (from which the league still makes most of their money) of allowing any team (just happens to be us right now) from dominating.

Sorry, I just don’t think your stance makes much sense, especially in the context of what the league has said and what they have done publically (FFP designed to curtail our operations but enable those of the other cash cow clubs, the charges levied at the club, and other behind the scenes moves over the last few years).

I mean, there is clear evidence of them trying to bring us back in line with the other ‘top six’ clubs so we don’t dominant as we have been.
There is clearly is a campaign from the Yank clubs against us without question but that is now coming to the crunch moment.

If and when our "irrefutable evidence" clears us of ALL wrongdoing, I would think we will see a big shift in the power stakes in the PL.

But there is no referee/VAR conspiracy.

There is clearly is a campaign from the Yank clubs against us without question but that is now coming to the crunch moment.

If and when our "irrefutable evidence" clears us of ALL wrongdoing, I would think we will see a big shift in the power stakes in the PL.

But there is no referee/VAR conspiracy.
Ok, agree to disagree there.

Wish I could show you what goes on at the corporate level in nearly every industry so that you could see why it would not be surprising or particularly extraordinary for a sport league of all businesses (especially an entertainment conglomerate) to operate in the same fashion. But I am retired *and* would get litigated in to a cardboard box.

Suffice to say, I do not think the Premier League is the only football league in the world without corruption in the ranks of their match officials.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.