Corruption in English football?

Just dropping this here

Football manager asks referee to join betting syndicate. In any other world this would prompt an investigation. Lets see.....

You know a betting syndicate and a horse owning syndicate are two completely different things?

Also he didn’t say that Ferguson asked him to get involved. He said he approached Ferguson last year about getting back involved in owning horses, after he retired.

You know a betting syndicate and a horse owning syndicate are two completely different things?

Also he didn’t say that Ferguson asked him to get involved. He said he approached Ferguson last year about getting back involved in owning horses, after he retired.
Which says a lot about his relationship with Ferguson - a relationship that must have existed whilst he was still refereeing.

Someone has already referred to the Southampton game in 2020-21, that United won 9-0. Dean started the game well by sending a Southampton player off in the second minute. Before half time, Dean awarded United a penalty, when United were 4-0 up. VAR decided the foul was outside the box, and the penalty award was overturned.

At 6-0, in the 87th minute Dean awarded United another penalty, sending Bednarek off for a foul. The red card was subsequently rescinded. United scored and Dean went on to play the full three minutes of added play, in which United scored a couple more goals.

I remember watching McTominay grabbing the ball and rushing back for the kick off, so they could add a tenth goal. It felt as though Dean was willing them to score again.

Dean was assisted on the day by United sympathisers Cann (of Rashford offside fame), Mason (fourth official) and Graham Scott (no known Rag allegiances). Southampton asked that Dean and Mason should not officiate them again after this showing.

All above board? When a team is getting humiliated, as Southampton were, a referee would normally show some sympathy towards them. Not Dean. Every 50:50 went to United. Two penalties were awarded to them, one of which was overturned by VAR. The second penalty was incredibly soft, but it didn't stop Dean incorrectly red carding a Southampton player, to leave them with nine players and already six goals down.

This game absolutely stunk of favouritism from the sycophantic Dean towards United, and now we learn that Dean and Ferguson were great mates as well.

No, nothing to see here.

Which says a lot about his relationship with Ferguson - a relationship that must have existed whilst he was still refereeing.

Someone has already referred to the Southampton game in 2020-21, that United won 9-0. Dean started the game well by sending a Southampton player off in the second minute. Before half time, Dean awarded United a penalty, when United were 4-0 up. VAR decided the foul was outside the box, and the penalty award was overturned.

At 6-0, in the 87th minute Dean awarded United another penalty, sending Bednarek off for a foul. The red card was subsequently rescinded. United scored and Dean went on to play the full three minutes of added play, in which United scored a couple more goals.

I remember watching McTominay grabbing the ball and rushing back for the kick off, so they could add a tenth goal. It felt as though Dean was willing them to score again.

Dean was assisted on the day by United sympathisers Cann (of Rashford offside fame), Mason (fourth official) and Graham Scott (no known Rag allegiances). Southampton asked that Dean and Mason should not officiate them again after this showing.

All above board? When a team is getting humiliated, as Southampton were, a referee would normally show some sympathy towards them. Not Dean. Every 50:50 went to United. Two penalties were awarded to them, one of which was overturned by VAR. The second penalty was incredibly soft, but it didn't stop Dean incorrectly red carding a Southampton player, to leave them with nine players and already six goals down.

This game absolutely stunk of favouritism from the sycophantic Dean towards United, and now we learn that Dean and Ferguson were great mates as well.

No, nothing to see here.

You’re making assumptions about their relationship that none of us have any idea about. But I’m not going to argue about that.

I was just pointing out that a betting syndicate is a million miles away from a horse racing syndicate.

You’re making assumptions about their relationship that none of us have any idea about. But I’m not going to argue about that.

I was just pointing out that a betting syndicate is a million miles away from a horse racing syndicate.
I'm making observations.

No, nothing to see here.
How many times over the years have the rags played against a team, the other team has a man sent off early-ish and then it gets rescinded a couple of days later.

Now that strikes me as being a bit iffy.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't any corruption in the EPL, it's awash with money and someone at the top has to cherry pick at it and turn a blind eye to others having their own pinch.

Yeah sure it’s all above board. So investigate it to be sure?

Yeah sure it’s all above board. So investigate it to be sure?

Not sure who would be investigating what exactly but yeah I’m all for transparency.

But as far as I can see, an ex referee asked an ex manager who owns horses for some advice on getting back into part horse ownership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.