Corruption in English football?

I'd advise you all to start following Rugby League. A sport where the players have huge courage and put their bodies and livelihoods on the line week in week out for a salary less than most of us on here earn. The game is quick and skillful and exciting with a bit of niggle. You can take your family to a game and mix with opposition supporters with only occasional trouble. It produces sportsman like Rob Burrow and Kevin Sinfield who both are top class. What's not to like? I was a regular at Maine Road for years but now the game isn't there for the likes of me.....60 year old working class ex forces white Englishman...Sly and the BBC have made sure of that!
I am a football fan I dont watch a sport just because i need to watch a sport.

I am a football fan I dont watch a sport just because i need to watch a sport.
I am a City fan and always will be but not in love with football as a product anymore because of the way it is being run by the Red Shirted American teams and their hand-picked officials and compliant media....also the fact you can't take your family to a game without it costing more than your mortgage payment....FFS I could pay for myself to get there and get in when I had a paper round!

It's got to the stage where TV and the media are influencing football too much. What we are witnessing is manipulation on a large scale, heroes, villains, scandals it's now a soap opera with footballers being the actors and the arbiters writing the script.

Corruption - Yes.

The cover up is were I have issues.Are the people involved competent enough to achieve widespread cheating? Var has enabled them to do it in plain view.

You also have to ask the question: Are city complicit? We have won a lot over the last decade.

The rise of the red shit again blinds us with tribal rivalry.

It all comes down to evidence. Most ref decisions can be explained to some degree so it gives them a lot of wiggle room. Football does not have an independent body monitoring the situation.

Personally, I only watch City unless the Mersey or Trafford are struggling in a game.

The fans are powerless due to the money involved.
yes sadly i always thought if fans were to boycott the matches it would hit the clubs hard in terms of money, but as we have seen the last 9 or so months clubs dont need us fans anymore :(

Corruption has always been involved with football in this country but was always in the shadows, now it is in plain sight. Watching a clip from the game last night where Shaw runs into the box with the ball and a Villa defender comes to challenge. Shaw overruns the ball out for a goal kick. Pogba who is nearest rag player to Shaw then gestures that Shaw should have gone down. Question I have is what would make a player suggest that course of action? Answer in my opinion is that due to the precarious financial position the rags are in they need to win the league to achieve some of sponsorship bonuses that they will have tied up in the respective sponsors contracts. The premier league wants to keep the rags relevant to maintain and further exploit the global brand of the league are complicit in pressuring the PIGMOL officials (who they interestingly pay for) to officiate the rags differently to other sides. Hence the soft penalties and the fact that their players can foul with impunity without receiving cautions.

There are people in the media who are I'm sure aware of this 'arrangement', but know calling it out would have a detrimental effect on their careers as there is an awful lot of journalists making a good living off the back of the premier league. Just my humble opinion but we all remember Mr Scudamore's quote, 'a successful Man utd is key to the success of the premier league'.
Not just active players telling team mates to dive.
Pundits (I use that term loosely) are at it.
Didn't a certain Michael Owen become perplexed as to why Mane didn't try for a penalty v Newcastle?
They don't even try to hide the need to cheat anymore.
What ever happened to the term "gentlemanly conduct" in our once beloved game?

I have said many, many times. Follow the money. The money depends on red shirts being successful. No need for corruption (money changing hands) it is easy really. The money coming in depends on red shirts being at the top. Revenue depends on that and everything else slots into place, compliant refs - because they won’t have a job if they are not - it goes without saying. The same goes for pundits, media, commentators and so on. Just imagine if they were not at the top where would the money come from and there you have it in a nutshell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.