Corruption in English football?

I was told yesterday before their game from someone who sat in the Wolves director’s box that everyone knows who is the boss at the swamp. And whilst he doesn’t make substitutions for instance on a match day everyone knows who is really in charge.
Something I've been saying for a long time. With Gollum, Looney Louis and Maureen it wasn't too obvious. They still got way more than their fair share of favourable decisions (FA Cup Final for example), but it wasn't as noticeable as when under that revolting specimen, the Pisscan.
When that bastard had the likes of Clattenburg and Howard Webb at his beck and call they were not allowed to lose, the odd draw here and there when it wasn't too important, yes: but defeat...extremely unlikely. When it did happen the referee in question was immediately demoted to the Championship or lower (excepting of course refereeing any game with Peterboro, where the sperm of Satan was/is managing).

Desperation set in when it looked like there would be no CL money for them: enter (in my honest view) the single most corrupt football manager the UK has ever seen, and - surprise surprise, more penalties than any other team in the league, more perfectly good goals against them disallowed without any explanation, least amount of cards received or free-kicks given against - I would laugh if it all wasn't so fucking serious.

It's possible that corruption in English football is occurring right now. Granted.

Yet, some minority of City fans look at every single referring decision that goes against us or for an opponent and see this as evidence of corruption - which, to me, simply amounts to some sort of wild conspiracy theory wherein all/most P/L and UEFA referees are corrupt and are targeting City... which makes no sense whatsoever.

It's possible that corruption in English football is occurring right now. Granted.

Yet, some minority of City fans look at every single referring decision that goes against us or for an opponent and see this as evidence of corruption - which, to me, simply amounts to some sort of wild conspiracy theory wherein all/most P/L and UEFA referees are corrupt and are targeting City... which makes no sense whatsoever.

Money corrupts in a world where COVID permitting you can in 12 hours flight time reach every tax haven on the planet. As gambling is up there with illegal drugs in terms of revenue, handing envelope full of cash, property deeds, or precious metals, would ultimately be a drop in the ocean. Its not specifically ourselves that suffer, but there is strong institutional hatred towards our owners based on faith.

I'm with you to a certain degree, but it's hard to see any of the refereeing decisions the rags get and not come to the conclusion that they are being helped in some way.
I don't really believe any governing sports body in this country has it in for us, but I do genuinely believe that the two redshirted clubs are being given preferential treatment by the officials, consciously or subconsciously.
Under the Pisscan, when a ref made a decision that went against the rags the despot made sure that ref didn't take charge of another of their games. That in itself is a disgrace to the sport: the manager of a club being in a position to pick which referee he'll allow to take charge of a game his team are competing in?
Also, the fact that referees have to sign a non-disclosure order is tantamount to blackmail when you think about it. What the fuck are the officials trying to hide?

As I say, I'm not convinced there are people in football's corridors of power that are out to stop us, but I am of the view that there is something very very wrong with the way the game is being officiated in this country.

Very suspicious game yesterday. dean shown wincing on camera at the pogba tackle tells you all you need to know.

Last edited:

Yet, some minority of City fans look at every single referring decision that goes against us or for an opponent and see this as evidence of corruption - which, to me, simply amounts to some sort of wild conspiracy theory wherein all/most P/L and UEFA referees are corrupt and are targeting City... which makes no sense whatsoever
Favourable decisions for one team in isolation is suspect. When it repeatedly happens for the same team it is worrying

Interesting observation.

Surely if we are involved in the corruption (and by extension the cartel) we wouldn't be treated like the proverbial pariah.

It's looks very different from where I'm standing. I see a very well organised and well structured attempt to discredit us at every turn.

I see a blatant bias against us which is led by the broadcasting media, written press and football pundits.

If we really are part of the corruption in English football we're doing a fantastic job of hiding it.
I don't agree we are part of it, but I do believe we know that it's going on. We are just utterly powerless to do anything about it without exposing a corruption which could bring the whole game to its knees.

I don't agree we are part of it, but I do believe we know that it's going on. We are just utterly powerless to do anything about it without exposing a corruption which could bring the whole game to its knees.
That's a fair point.

I appreciate we've got as much of a vested interest in the continuation of the premium league and champions league than the cartel.

However, I'm not so sure about the powerless aspect. We're probably better placed to blow the whistle on the whole corruption racket than the other clubs combined.

The likes of the rags, dippers et al have far more to lose than us if the truth were to ever come out. These historical "big" clubs survive and depend on image whereas everyone knows MCFC are the pantomime villains.

Also because of our business model we're more likely to recover from an apocalyptic crisis than all the other clubs put together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.