Cost of living crisis - how are you all doing?

We’ve always had price increases I can’t remember a time when they’ve gone down which I think your saying and I agree with, but the safety nets have fallen with a tight squeeze on welfare benefit and it’s plunged a quarter of million children into poverty that is what’s concerning me.
I don’t know what we can do about it only shop around for the lowest prices and continue giving to charity because the future looks bleak for the have nots.

All of which is 100% true, and I never argued, just for clarity.

The article below is a damning indictment of where we are in modern day Britain.

Guardian Article on Modern Day Poverty
It’s an excellent piece that puts into perspective the UK today, it is real destitution in parts of the country.
The least we can do is provide food and clothing for our young children free so they don’t grow up sick and disabled by poverty because they are our future. They will only turn to crime and drugs if they don’t receive state help to grow up normal.

I was listening to Angela Rainer earlier something to do with rental accommodation and the need for building council houses and social housing, I think it’s a desperate part of the social fabric so at least we may get more council housing under a labour government

The country is absolutely fucked. I won't be there much longer. Fuck that

Serious question....do people actually think about not having children for financial reasons. If so, why did nobody tell my wife just before our half hour knee trembler on the patio in Fueteventura. Ah the memories.....
We had already discussed that if we accidently fell pregnant it wasn't right to see it through. Not something some people will agree with and who knows how we would feel if it was to happen but we consciously do our best to ensure a mistake doesn't happen.

Is now a good time to be buying a house? will the rates ever get better?
I suppose it depends how much you value having your own home and if the rent vs mortgage payment is vastly different especially when taking into consideration maintenance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.