Cost of living crisis - how are you all doing?

The spine of the Nation,the key workers,those that were being clapped from the rafters only a couple of years ago......are being shat on from an enormous height while the rich look after themselves and exist in an alternative reality.

This fucking shithole of a country is definitely no longer 'Great' - we are having our pants pulled down to some fucking tune.

It's the energy companies creating huge profits that I'm angry about. They own most of the car charging stations now as well. We can't pay anymore tax as that would eat into our R&R budget. Horse shit.

The way the government sets the price for energy is also annoying. You can have 95% wind etc generating power but if the last 5% is coal fired or gas burning for electricity that's the price that is set. It's madness.

We alright, the wife back to work part time after 2 years on maternity before it started to bite and as she gets paid well we not felt it. Been told i get a 12% pay rise in April. Last 18 months is the 1st time in a while I started to look at prices. Up to them I couldn't tell you what my weekly shop cost, how much my energy bills where.

It's the energy companies creating huge profits that I'm angry about. They own most of the car charging stations now as well. We can't pay anymore tax as that would eat into our R&R budget. Horse shit.

The way the government sets the price for energy is also annoying. You can have 95% wind etc generating power but if the last 5% is coal fired or gas burning for electricity that's the price that is set. It's madness.
And Offgem is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard, should be held to account and fucking disbanded

The spine of the Nation,the key workers,those that were being clapped from the rafters only a couple of years ago......are being shat on from an enormous height while the rich look after themselves and exist in an alternative reality.

This fucking shithole of a country is definitely no longer 'Great' - we are having our pants pulled down to some fucking tune.
Not sure where you are seeing this. The pubs, bars, restaurants etc all seem to be very busy where I live. Don’t know anyone who is truly suffering

My lad lost his PE kit and backpack. The Mrs went to the approved shop today to buy him a new shorts and T-Shirt set with the school emblem embroidered on.
£20 for the polo and £18 for some polyester shorts.
Fucking scandalous I could have gone to Primark and got them for £5.00 each.
I thought they were doing away with this compulsory uniform shit.
Me and the Mrs both work imagine your a single mother having to fork out £38. They are going hungry.
The fucker who owns this uniform shop must be laughing his head off being allowed to charge these prices for shit quality clothes just because they have a schools badge on.

I'm fine. My flat is tiny so I've never had a big fuel bill. Plus I'm at my partner's at weekend. My landlord (Chinese, pretty sure he doesn't live in the UK. The apartments are new build and from Chinese investors,) hasn't increased my rent since I moved here in 2019, so that helps too.
I partially retired a few months back (just work 2 days a week now) so the barmy thing is my occupational pension will go up more, percentage wise, than my salary in April.

I really feel for those in their 30s and 40s working full time and with mortgages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.