Cost of living crisis - how are you all doing?

Soldiering on mate, at my age your needs are less anyway.

Switched to shopping at Aldi instead of Tesco, do Iceland on a Tuesday for 10% pensioner discount but the heating is on as I refuse to be cold.

Used to do two or three cruises a year now down to just the one.
We tried Aldi this weekend and saved a fortune it’s a lot cheaper than Tesco

Think I've been conditioned during lockdown to doing very little and therefore spending very little. I'm still working from home almost 3 years later.
However like most posters, noticing the prices of things like food/utilities etc. I know that if this had hit 7/8 years ago I'd be struggling a lot. We had a young family with nursery fee's, work needing to be done on the house etc, I was on a lot lower money and wife was part time too. I count my blessings but do worry for people that are navigating things like that now.

We tried Aldi this weekend and saved a fortune .. it’s a lot cheaper than Tesco
dMTSTxT.gif

Fortunately got a fixed rate mortgage for another 4 years so not felt the pinch (I'm not being gleeful). Hopefully interest rates won't be as high when it comes up for renewal.

Been in "save mode" for a few months in anticipation of energy bill increases and hybrid working is helping to save on fuel costs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.