Costel Pantilimon on his way out

oakiecokie said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
oakiecokie said:
Another one who hasn`t bothered to read Bobbys quotes.

Care to enlighten me smartarse ?

Read back some pages clown.Bobby has already stated from the beginning of the campaign that Pants would be playing in two cup competitions which Joe already knew about,something he confirmed again the other day when asked.

Which, if I'm not mistaken, were comments made before Costel said he was leaving. Perhaps you should read my post again, you may be able to take it in next time.

Hope he get's first team football week in week out, good keeper by most standards and seems like a good player to have around.

Choosing a reserve keeper is often a bit of a paradoxical situation. Too good to be warming the bench and they won't be happy, but not good enough means you haven't got sufficient cover. I'd ideally like us to sign Brad Friedel or a kid who will be happy to play second fiddle for a few years.

All the best Costel! If only you could have turned that last minute effort around the post against the rags last year!

It is a tricky position to fill. Shame we don't have any good youth keepers coming through the ranks as one of them could provide cover. Made even trickier by Joe's age. He is young and good enough to be our keeper for at least the next 10 years so you can't buy someone and promise them they will be first choice in a few years either.

Best if luck to him. He has been a great back up keeper to have. I hope he has a good game on Saturday. Lets all get behind him and the team.

This is why there should be no room for sentiment in football.

We had numerous threads regarding whether he or Hart should play in the later cup rounds. Most of the Costel vote reasoned that he deserved a chance and that we might upset him if we dropped him.

Well, this is what happens.

Footballers will do what's best for themselves without any thought to the club they play for.

That is why we must do what's best for our club.

Drop him Bobby and put Hart in. Always play your best players in the big games

BezzMCFC said:
we have made this n will chuck it to him at fulltime on saturday.

IMG_20130501_WA0000.jpg

I'll be looking out for that banner mate. I'm sure Costel would love to get his hands on that at fulltime.

The Road Sweeper said:

We had numerous threads regarding whether he or Hart should play in the later cup rounds. Most of the Costel vote reasoned that he deserved a chance and that we might upset him if we dropped him.

Footballers will do what's best for themselves without any thought to the club they play for.

It was never about upsetting him, it was about it been unfair to drop him. Mancini has said from the start that he would play in the cup and he hasn't put a foot wrong, so what reason would he have to drop him for the final?

Hamann Pineapple said:
oakiecokie said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Care to enlighten me smartarse ?

Read back some pages clown.Bobby has already stated from the beginning of the campaign that Pants would be playing in two cup competitions which Joe already knew about,something he confirmed again the other day when asked.

Which, if I'm not mistaken, were comments made before Costel said he was leaving. Perhaps you should read my post again, you may be able to take it in next time.

Dont cry likkul un.Wouldn`t want your mascara to run.How do you know Bobs not aware and would it make a difference ? No chance.Now stop blubbering.

Sam. said:
The Road Sweeper said:

It was never about upsetting him, it was about it been unfair to drop him. Mancini has said from the start that he would play in the cup and he hasn't put a foot wrong, so what reason would he have to drop him for the final?

Not relevant for me. If he drops a bollock in the final then my blame will lie at Mancini's door. Not even giving him a run out before then is even worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.