Costel Pantilimon on his way out

The Road Sweeper said:
oakiecokie said:
The Road Sweeper said:
Because as far as I understand none of the players you've mentioned have expressed a public desire to leave.

So another one who doesn`t read the OS !! Could have sworn Kolo said he was leaving !!! So what ?? He needs to play regular first team football to continue playing for his country for the World Cup.
What the fucks wrong with that ??
Unbelievalble Jeff.

Well I think there are a couple of differences between Kolo's situation and Pantilimon's. The first one is the timing of Costel's statement. Secondly, Kolo hasn't been indulged or promised games and then bitten us back on the arse so to speak. Thirdly, Kolo is unlikely to play. And finally, the goalkeepers position is vital.

To answer your question regarding Costel wanting to play for his country, there is nothing wrong with that, absolutely nothing. But surely it would have been better to get the cup final out of the way then discuss his future more privately?

Come on mate, you sound like you've just been dumped by your girlfriend. He's a good goalie, certainly good enough to play against wigan. He's done nothing wrong and should play. Unless of course Bobby comes out and says, "who does this **** think he is, walking out on us"?

taconinja said:
Stop being a twit. We haven't been betrayed in any way.

Ha ha, put like that, no your right, we haven't been "betrayed". I'd just prefer to see Hart in goal. I'll stop banging on about it now.

Fair play to the guy, I never expected him to stay long term.

I wonder who we could potentially get as a replacement.

You can hardly blame the lad. he wants first team football. He did a few years at City being a back up and has been part of a very successful outfit. Hes young and he wants to play. Good for him i say. I hope he goes to a decent team where he can reach his potential.

Maybe he can stay in Engalnd. Its a bit scary as the back up keeper is one collision away from playing......

Richard Wright is the perfect man to be back up to Joe Hart if Panti goes that way Hart can play in every single game in every competition and Wright will sit on the bench every game and be English at the same time

Good luck to the guy I say. He hasn't disappointed. If true that he's lost his spot as the no. 1 for his country, then how can you blame him for wanting to play week in week out to try and regain that? He seems a decent and level headed lad and someone that everyone likes. I can't say there have been detractors or that he has done anything dumb. I wish he would stay but I cannot blame him for wanting to leave. I hope he goes somewhere and does well (as long as it's not against us).

I think that's fair enough, no keeper worth his salt would just sit behind Joe hart. At that age anyway.

So now there is no need for Mancini to keep him sweet he should pick Joe on Saturday.

de niro said:
I think that's fair enough, no keeper worth his salt would just sit behind Joe hart. At that age anyway.

So now there is no need for Mancini to keep him sweet he should pick Joe on Saturday.

Agree

strange said:
If he leaving, why play him in a final?
His wishing to leave is irrelevant to his commitment in the FA Cup FINAL. It is a world-famous competition. Almost any footballer would want the chance to play in the final and he will want a winners medal. Do you think he won't?

I hope he keeps a clean sheet and wish him well for the future if he does leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.