Costel Pantilimon on his way out

Sam. said:
The Road Sweeper said:
This is why there should be no room for sentiment in football.

We had numerous threads regarding whether he or Hart should play in the later cup rounds. Most of the Costel vote reasoned that he deserved a chance and that we might upset him if we dropped him.

Well, this is what happens.

Footballers will do what's best for themselves without any thought to the club they play for.

That is why we must do what's best for our club.

Drop him Bobby and put Hart in. Always play your best players in the big games

It was never about upsetting him, it was about it been unfair to drop him. Mancini has said from the start that he would play in the cup and he hasn't put a foot wrong, so what reason would he have to drop him for the final?

A. Because he wants to leave
B. Hart's better

Surely the question should be "Why should we play Pantilimon?" Because I can't see any footballing reasons as to why we should.

The Road Sweeper said:
Sam. said:
The Road Sweeper said:

We had numerous threads regarding whether he or Hart should play in the later cup rounds. Most of the Costel vote reasoned that he deserved a chance and that we might upset him if we dropped him.

Footballers will do what's best for themselves without any thought to the club they play for.

It was never about upsetting him, it was about it been unfair to drop him. Mancini has said from the start that he would play in the cup and he hasn't put a foot wrong, so what reason would he have to drop him for the final?

B. Hart's better

Surely the question should be "Why should we play Pantilimon?" Because I can't see any footballing reasons as to why we should.

Why should we play Nasri,Kolo,Maicon,Lescott,Garcia,Kolarov etc,etc even if only named as subs,as most appear to be leaving ? Bob makes the call,unless you`re an "outer" ?

The Road Sweeper said:
Sam. said:
The Road Sweeper said:

B. Hart's better

Agreed. Hasn't Garcia played alot of games in the cup? I don't want to see him in the side and i doubt i will.

Winning is everything at our level now and surely any side wanting to be the best should play the best 11.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The Road Sweeper said:
Sam. said:

B. Hart's better

Agreed. Hasn't Garcia played alot of games in the cup? I don't want to see him in the side and i doubt i will.

Winning is everything at our level now and surely any side wanting to be the best should play the best 11.

So another one who thinks Bobbys dropping a bollock and the fucking games not even started !! YCNMIU.

oakiecokie said:
The Road Sweeper said:
Sam. said:

B. Hart's better

Why should we play Nasri,Kolo,Maicon,Lescott,Garcia,Kolarov etc,etc even if only named as subs,as most appear to be leaving ? Bob makes the call,unless you`re an "outer" ?

Because as far as I understand none of the players you've mentioned have expressed a public desire to leave.<br /><br />-- Wed May 08, 2013 10:52 pm --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The Road Sweeper said:
Sam. said:

B. Hart's better

I'd have thought so yes. Unless there are other factors, such as injuries, alarming lack of form, or, err, wanting to leave!!

The Road Sweeper said:
oakiecokie said:
The Road Sweeper said:
B. Hart's better

Because as far as I understand none of the players you've mentioned have expressed a public desire to leave.

So another one who doesn`t read the OS !! Could have sworn Kolo said he was leaving !!! So what ?? He needs to play regular first team football to continue playing for his country for the World Cup.
What the fucks wrong with that ??
Unbelievalble Jeff.

The Road Sweeper said:
B. Hart's better

A - What does this have to do with the question whether he should play on Saturday or not.

B - Is he? If I remember correctly Pantilimon did nothing wrong in the FA Cup yet and conceded only one goal so far. He deserves to not being dropped for the final and he deserves is by the way he performed, not because we are a charity service.

oakiecokie said:
The Road Sweeper said:
oakiecokie said:

Because as far as I understand none of the players you've mentioned have expressed a public desire to leave.

So another one who doesn`t read the OS !! Could have sworn Kolo said he was leaving !!! So what ?? He needs to play regular first team football to continue playing for his country for the World Cup.
Unbelievalble Jeff.

Well I think there are a couple of differences between Kolo's situation and Pantilimon's. The first one is the timing of Costel's statement. Secondly, Kolo hasn't been indulged or promised games and then bitten us back on the arse so to speak. Thirdly, Kolo is unlikely to play. And finally, the goalkeepers position is vital.

To answer your question regarding Costel wanting to play for his country, there is nothing wrong with that, absolutely nothing. But surely it would have been better to get the cup final out of the way then discuss his future more privately?

The Road Sweeper said:
oakiecokie said:
The Road Sweeper said:

Unbelievalble Jeff.

Well I think there are a couple of differences between Kolo's situation and Pantilimon's. The first one is the timing of Costel's statement. Secondly, Kolo hasn't been indulged or promised games and then bitten us back on the arse so to speak. Thirdly, Kolo is unlikely to play. And finally, the goalkeepers position is vital.

To answer your question regarding Costel wanting to play for his country, there is nothing wrong with that, absolutely nothing. But surely it would have been better to get the cup final out of the way then discuss his future more privately?

But Pants has aready stated that certain people at City are aware of him wanting to leave and his reasons.
So do you honestly believe that this has only just come to light and Bobby has only just been told of his scandalous and acrimonious decision ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.