Costel Pantilimon on his way out

HorshamBlue said:
strange said:
If he leaving, why play him in a final?
His wishing to leave is irrelevant to his commitment in the FA Cup FINAL. It is a world-famous competition. Almost any footballer would want the chance to play in the final and he will want a winners medal. Do you think he won't?

I hope he keeps a clean sheet and wish him well for the future if he does leave.

I think the point is joe hart is better so if he's leaving anyway why would we not play our best GK?

I see no reason to play Costel anymore!

Not sure why people can't see the difference between his position now and earlier in the season.

There are two reasons why you would play your reserve 'keeper when your first choice is fit and available.

Firstly to give him match practice so he would be better prepared to come in if your first choice is injured/suspended. Secondly to keep him sweet.

IF he is definately leaving at the end of thes eason, both these reasons are totally negated.

It isn't about punishing him for wanting to leave. I think everyone can understand why he might want to leave and wish him good luck. It's about what is best for MCFC. And if you agree that Hart is even slightly a better 'keeper then our chances of winning the cup are slightly increased by playing him. So I don't see any reason to not now play him in the final.

That if he is definately leaving. Which I'm not certain has been established yet.

If hes been promised games in the cups then him wanting to leave is irrelevant.

strange said:
If he leaving, why play him in a final?

This for me. Play your best and that's Hart.
Understand we played him in the cup games but now he said he is leaving there is little point in sediment and playing him. Pick your best team

Play Hart. He's our present and our future. Football at the highest level shouldn't be about sentiment.
As previous posters have said we played Costel to give him game time, but as he's off let Hart play.

Should he leave and we volte face and play Hart on Saturday, what message does that emit when we search for a replacement in the summer? Come, help us to reach finals of cup competitions, but please don't ever assume that we'll repay loyalty by playing you in glamorous finals.

Pantilimon played superbly in the semi-final, arguably kept us alive, watch the slow motion film on the OS, and it's a fitting tribute to his time with us that we play him on Saturday.

Costel deserves to play in the final as that's been the deal all season. Whether he's leaving or not. If he is, then he will make sure that he plays to the best of his ability. His attitude has never been anything other than 100% commitment to the club, despite his limited opportunities.

Like a lot of foreign players though, he is truly dedicated to his country and if leaving and playing regularly will put him back as Romania's number one, then it's something he has to do.

On a personal level I can say that he is a perfect gentleman off the pitch and never refuses an autograph. I have one of his old Timisoara shirts and when he saw it and confirmed it was his, he signed a little message in Romanian (probably said ""You're a knob", but who cares!) I also got him to sign one of his Europa league shirts and he did the same thing as he knew me from the other time. Really nice bloke and if I still lived near enough to Carrington to see him before he leaves, I would. Unfortunately I won't get the chance!

To be fair, Joe Hart is the same and despite being England's number one, he will always sign for the fans too. I've known occasions when he hasn't been able to stop for genuine reasons and you can tell he feels really guilty about not being able to stop. Actually most of City's players are very good like that, especially the English ones. Occasionally Sergio and Yaya won't stop and Tevez is a bit hit and miss, but apart from that, most players are an absolute credit to the club. The one exception though is Nasri, who never ever ever ever ever stops. Nasri is all that's wrong with today's players. Up his own arse and extremely ignorant. To paraphrase from another thread, Nasri is the skidmark on City's underpants. Ignorant bastard he is. I wouldn't mind if he did the business on the pitch but he doesn't even do that for the most part. And if he was player of the month in April, then it was a bloody long time coming, and I suspect that it will be the one and only time that twat wins it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.