Costel Pantilimon

Whitefield Blue said:
blue b4 the moon said:
After words with Kolarov over the first half balls up he never seemed to get fully composed in the match.

His kicking which is usually one of his best traits and the one where even at his best he beats Joe hands down was really poor having said that we passed back to him as nobody would take responsibility much too many times and he was hurried too much.

Ahhhh yes, the Pantilimon has excellent distribution MYTH rears its head again.

Good grief. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Did I wake up in some alternate universe today? People saying Pantillimon is way better than Hart. Not sure if it's my drugs or theirs, but not sure how anyone could make that argument. The only thing Pantillimon has on Hart is height. He has made no improvement over Hart in net. We are still garbage at defending and either keeper is going to look suspect in that case. No keeper in the world is going to improve a tactically shitty defense.

macmanson said:
Did I wake up in some alternate universe today? People saying Pantillimon is way better than Hart. Not sure if it's my drugs or theirs, but not sure how anyone could make that argument. The only thing Pantillimon has on Hart is height. He has made no improvement over Hart in net. We are still garbage at defending and either keeper is going to look suspect in that case. No keeper in the world is going to improve a tactically shitty defense.

it's your drugs i assure you of that:)

MihaiCity said:
macmanson said:

it's your drugs i assure you of that:)

What argument can you make for Pants being better than Hart? Quite frankly, I'd bet big money we'd concede goals away from home even if we had both keepers in the net at the same time. Hart has been consistently good in high quality games except for this season. Provide me some examples of when Pants did anything to save a game or keep us in it. He's a good backup that looks better in front of a quality attacking team at home but looks the same shaky GK as Hart on the road because our defensive shape. I find it far more telling that Pelle has stuck with Hart for the Champion's League, especially as it's obviously the club's number 1 target for the season.

macmanson said:

Joe running out to join them has already turned a couple of draws defeats.

Half of our losses right there. Add in some errors against Cardiff and it's easy to see why Pantilimon is regarded as a better option.

If Joe is sitting on the bench to ponder his shortcomings it's about time the pondering ceased and he started having serious talks with the goalkeeping coach so's he can get back into the side and add a little bit of waterproofness to a leaking defence.

flinty1975 said:
Supposed to be bidding for Manuel Nuer so Hart and Pantielemons need to take every opportunity

If every Journo rumor was true, City would be fielding the Spanish national team with the German national team on the bench as substitutes. Pelle has already stated that we won't be picking up another keeper this year, so any talk of it is just pure speculation and wishful thinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.