Costel Pantilimon

Since coming in for Joe he's been very solid. No horror shows or gifting the opposition goals. Just what Pellegrini wanted. Made a vital save yesterday from Rodriquez at 1-1. You only have to look at the play of Lloris and Cech recently to see that even the best can drop clangers. Took a goal of the month contender to beat Pants yesterday. I've always had a lot of confidence in him.

He's big and commands the box, with the odd flap but don't they all ?

He's got good reflexes and moves well for a big guy. Good shot stopper.

Most importantly, he keeps his concentration and is steady - no rushes of blood to the head.

I was a little disappointed with the draw yesterday but now I think about it, a point wasn't so bad. We played well, away from home against a very good side who get up for the big games against the top teams. The Arse and Chelsea will have to go there and they'll be happy with a draw.

macmanson said:
MihaiCity said:
macmanson said:
Did I wake up in some alternate universe today? People saying Pantillimon is way better than Hart. Not sure if it's my drugs or theirs, but not sure how anyone could make that argument. The only thing Pantillimon has on Hart is height. He has made no improvement over Hart in net. We are still garbage at defending and either keeper is going to look suspect in that case. No keeper in the world is going to improve a tactically shitty defense.

it's your drugs i assure you of that:)

What argument can you make for Pants being better than Hart? Quite frankly, I'd bet big money we'd concede goals away from home even if we had both keepers in the net at the same time. Hart has been consistently good in high quality games except for this season. Provide me some examples of when Pants did anything to save a game or keep us in it. He's a good backup that looks better in front of a quality attacking team at home but looks the same shaky GK as Hart on the road because our defensive shape. I find it far more telling that Pelle has stuck with Hart for the Champion's League, especially as it's obviously the club's number 1 target for the season.
To answer your question, he saved us against Chelsea in the semis last season with two great saves at 2-1.

Len Rum said:
macmanson said:
MihaiCity said:

What argument can you make for Pants being better than Hart? Quite frankly, I'd bet big money we'd concede goals away from home even if we had both keepers in the net at the same time. Hart has been consistently good in high quality games except for this season. Provide me some examples of when Pants did anything to save a game or keep us in it. He's a good backup that looks better in front of a quality attacking team at home but looks the same shaky GK as Hart on the road because our defensive shape. I find it far more telling that Pelle has stuck with Hart for the Champion's League, especially as it's obviously the club's number 1 target for the season.
To answer your question, he saved us against Chelsea in the semis last season with two great saves at 2-1.

Your definition of "great saves" needs some work.

One very good dive at Mata's feet and one shot straight at him that any goalkeeper in the world would've saved.

Evened out by his wander into no mans land and flap in the first half requiring Kompany to get back into the line to clear.

macmanson said:
MihaiCity said:
macmanson said:
Did I wake up in some alternate universe today? People saying Pantillimon is way better than Hart. Not sure if it's my drugs or theirs, but not sure how anyone could make that argument. The only thing Pantillimon has on Hart is height. He has made no improvement over Hart in net. We are still garbage at defending and either keeper is going to look suspect in that case. No keeper in the world is going to improve a tactically shitty defense.

You r joking right? Or r u really ignorant to the fact the MP is playing the 2nd choice keeper after we have already qualified to progress to the next round in the CL

jared said:
macmanson said:
MihaiCity said:

You r joking right? Or r u really ignorant to the fact the MP is playing the 2nd choice keeper after we have already qualified to progress to the next round in the CL

Pelle has stated that even though they've qualified, he still intends to win the group. You don't make that statement and then throw out your reserves to get it done. My belief is that the league is of secondary importance to the club and so they've chosen the 2nd string keeper for that competition. Pelle doesn't want to wear Hart out by having him play ever game in the Champion's League and Premier League like he has the past 2 years. At no time has Pelle ever said that Hart was a bad keeper and has categorically stated that Hart won't leave this year. The only people who seem to think Hart is on his way out is the dailyfail and the usual crowd of no-nothings insisting the team will only get better by being run like it's a Football Manager game.

macmanson said:
jared said:
macmanson said:

Pelle has stated that even though they've qualified, he still intends to win the group. You don't make that statement and then throw out your reserves to get it done. My belief is that the league is of secondary importance to the club and so they've chosen the 2nd string keeper for that competition. Pelle doesn't want to wear Hart out by having him play ever game in the Champion's League and Premier League like he has the past 2 years. At no time has Pelle ever said that Hart was a bad keeper and has categorically stated that Hart won't leave this year. The only people who seem to think Hart is on his way out is the dailyfail and the usual crowd of no-nothings insisting the team will only get better by being run like it's a Football Manager game.

I am no Pantilimon fan but that is patently false. Hart will play with the rest of the 'cup squad' on Tuesday.

He's been dropped, I agree, for a far inferior keeper, but he's been dropped all the same. He's playing in games that don't matter.

macmanson said:
It must be your drugs because the joe hart i've seen has been shit for over a year and dropping major clangers on a regular basis.If Pants is not playing better than his level of performances then i've been watching the wrong fuckin team for over 30 years !

p.s. He's been dropped ,not rested,the blonde hair and blue eyes have carried him for a long time now and chances are we are probably looking at buying a replacement .

macmanson said:
jared said:
macmanson said:

Bollocks is he playing Hart as first choice in the CL, why didn't Pantilimon play in the League from the start if this was the case ? Or did he just come in because Hart was becoming a liability and needed to be took out of the firing line and sort his head out ?

Thought his distribution yesterday was really poor. Seemed to panic to the high pressing. Every time he kicked the ball it went directly to the opposition. Nothing he could do about the goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.