Could this be the end of Pompy? (merged)

Re: Could this be the end of Pompy?

One rule for the premier league another rule for football league.

Try telling this sob story to Luton fans.

I'm sorry but the "docked points" idea, if true, is bull. That renders the games that were played null. Therefore, are those who bought tickets entitled to a refund as they watched a "null" game? I hope someone takes the PL to court to try that if so.

MCFC87 said:
Why would we be docked points? Just because they have problems why should it mean we suffer a points deduction?

Be an interesting one if Dipperpool finish the season in 4th with a 5 point gap over us in 5th.....

I hope the go under at the end of the season and have to murge with southampton

New name southmouth FC

IMHO they should have just held a fire sale in the January window instead of dragging it out till now and needing to try and gain dispensation.

Portsmouth are either playing a bizarre game of brinkmanship or are simply incompetent. The transfer window only closed two weeks ago. Why didn't they sell the necessary players then?

(There's actually nothing to stop them selling players now, the players just wouldn't be able to play for their new team until next season.)

This is probaby naivety on my part, but I have had the feeling all along the the Premier league will some how work something out at least until the end of the season, it would seriously dent there products reputation, regarding possible lucrative sponsers.

MCFC87 said:
Why would we be docked points? Just because they have problems why should it mean we suffer a points deduction?

Because if they cease to exist, we'd have a season where some teams who have played them twice already (e.g. us) play 38 games this season. Other teams who have only played them once play only 37 games and if there's anyone who hasn't played them yet (is there?) then they only get to play 36 games.

Clearly that is unfair. You can't have a competition in which all the participants don't play the same number of games and have the same maximum points available.

The only fair way to fix this is to strike all the Pompey results from the record. Which is fair, but it is unfortunate as it means we would lose 6 points (having got 6 points from our two Pompey games).

LoveCity said:
I'm sorry but the "docked points" idea, if true, is bull. That renders the games that were played null. Therefore, are those who bought tickets entitled to a refund as they watched a "null" game? I hope someone takes the PL to court to try that if so.
That is a very good point mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.