Could this be the end of Pompy? (merged)

Re: Could this be the end of Pompy?

CITY FOR LIFE said:
LoveCity said:
I'm sorry but the "docked points" idea, if true, is bull. That renders the games that were played null. Therefore, are those who bought tickets entitled to a refund as they watched a "null" game? I hope someone takes the PL to court to try that if so.
That is a very good point mate.
No it's not. The points scenario is in the Premiership rule book. What has that got to do with getting a refund? You got what you paid for so that's that.

If you go to the pictures to see a film and a few weeks later the cinema shuts, would you expect your money back?

Chippy_boy said:
MCFC87 said:
Why would we be docked points? Just because they have problems why should it mean we suffer a points deduction?

Because if they cease to exist, we'd have a season where some teams who have played them twice already (e.g. us) play 38 games this season. Other teams who have only played them once play only 37 games and if there's anyone who hasn't played them yet (is there?) then they only get to play 36 games.

Clearly that is unfair. You can't have a competition in which all the participants don't play the same number of games and have the same maximum points available.

The only fair way to fix this is to strike all the Pompey results from the record. Which is fair, but it is unfortunate as it means we would lose 6 points (having got 6 points from our two Pompey games).

what about the rags who only play 10 competative games every season

So I take it four clubs would be promoted from the championship and then filter that down through the leagues? Absoutley ridiculous if they are denied administration and get liquidated. I'm sure we would go through the courts if it fucked our season, as would the rags.

svennis pennis said:
So I take it four clubs would be promoted from the championship and then filter that down through the leagues?
It would be two down from the Prem if Portsmouth disappear.
svennis pennis said:
Absoutley ridiculous if they are denied administration and get liquidated. I'm sure we would go through the courts if it fucked our season, as would the rags.
As has been said the Premier League rules state clearly what happens if a club can't fulfill its fixtures so there is no basis for legal action as far as I can see.

mat said:
One rule for the premier league another rule for football league.

Its not been agreed, and its unlikely to be agreed, as the transfer windows are down to FIFA not the Premier League or even the FA.

In any case even if it was agreed that they could sell, nobody else can currently buy their players, unless its opened up for everyone.

if they end up going before the end of the season then all the teams who havent played them should gain a 3-0 win which you get when a game is abandoned

So they maybe able to sell there players can we buy any off them???

If so what about Belhadj I think he is good and would push Bridge a whole lot more than Garrido would I also like Kevin Prince Boateng we could prob get them both for 10m helps them and us at same time a little more cover wont go to waste :)

cleavers said:
mat said:
One rule for the premier league another rule for football league.

Its not been agreed, and its unlikely to be agreed, as the transfer windows are down to FIFA not the Premier League or even the FA.

In any case even if it was agreed that they could sell, nobody else can currently buy their players, unless its opened up for everyone.

Fair point.

I don't hink pompey have thought this through.

I also think it's laughable that Bent 'Arry's mate proclaims to be their saviour which is irony at it's highest.

danburge82 said:
If so we'll be docked 6 points! Liverpool will lose none!

The PL should just give they teams that havent played them from this point on 3 points, cos lets be honest, if they did stay open and sold all their players, they would still lose all their games.

If the PL do stay deleting points for games that have already been played every fan will sue the PL for a refund of matchday tickets that involved the Pompey games being classed as null and void.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.