Could you join the armed forces?

Interesting opinion, I know a couple of very intelligent and extremely well educated people who went into the army, one from Cambridge University, he went on to a very senior position in the army, he is neither a lunatic or fucking nuts. Last time I saw him, he literally couldnt tell me what he was now doing.

It's a philosophical point of view.. Intelligent people can be fucking dim in the extreme...

The question of.. would I want to learn how to kill someone with a gun.. no thank you.. it's not my bag.

Interesting opinion, I know a couple of very intelligent and extremely well educated people who went into the army, one from Cambridge University, he went on to a very senior position in the army, he is neither a lunatic or fucking nuts. Last time I saw him, he literally couldnt tell me what he was now doing.

Doesn't sound that bright then. Even I could tell you what I'm currently doing and I'm thick as shit.

It's a philosophical point of view.. Intelligent people can be fucking dim in the extreme...

The question of.. would I want to learn how to kill someone with a gun.. no thank you.. it's not my bag.

Its not your bag, but to label everyone in the armed forces as lunatics is wrong and false. The lad I know, has the highest integrity as he has proven time and time again, much to his own detriment, he is an intelligent bloke, I wont lower myself to your levels of abuse and cheap point scoring.

as the title says really, could you?

i've just been speaking to my missis who is a nurse about this. she said that if we diddn't have our daughter she would go (nurses have to be trained how to use firearms in the field).

i couldn't do it. I would defend my daughter and family with my life. (i've never had a fight in my life), but i would kill for them.

but i know i wouldn't have the balls to sign up!

Don't meant to sound like a irritating know-all, but that is not correct, mate.

If your lass or someone she knows has been told this, they were given the wrong information.

i think (and this is no disrespect to anyone in the army) that we should be getting any lads under 25 who are in prison for non brutal crimes (murder, rape , agrivated GBH etc) the chance to join up to reduce their sentance.

This might sound prosumptious but its must be close to 80% of prisoners under 25 either go on to re-offend or sign on. so why not give them a chance? a lot of these lads have never had a father figure or authority that the army could give them

Doesn't sound that bright then. Even I could tell you what I'm currently doing and I'm thick as shit.

Lol - you know what I meant, he was in the green berets at that point and was on leave, I bumped into him in the pub, he went on to a very senior position within the armed forces. He kept the very people who sit behind a keyboard calling him a lunatic and thick, safe, I dont exaggerate in the slightest. I am very proud to even know the man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.