Could you join the armed forces?

You are name calling, acting like you are superior in some way, you have an opinion but that doesnt make you right. I know a few lads in the armed forces, and I am glad we have people who will sacrifice themselves for our safety.

I take it you think we shouldnt have any armed forces then? I'm glad you arent in charge of defending us. We'd all be dead in no time, although the way you feel and speak about humans, I guess you would actually want that.

I am not a status quo-ist like you. I draw my own conclusions. How is expressing those that "dream" about firing guns are fucking nuts is a weird view?

The army exists.. the navy.. etc. It has to. So I can't question the people who sign up? That's ridiculous.

I think they're fucking nuts in most cases. Shoot me. Who grows up wanting to learn how to kill? .. yeah yeah it's a necessity.. but you want me to celebrate it? no chance.

I'd be made up if either of my two daughters joined up. It's something I regret doing. The highlight of my younger days seemed to made up of drinking, a futile attempt at chasing women and watching City.

By joining up I did a lot more drinking than I should have (but it was great fun!) and had many succesful attempts at chasing women.

It did mean however that I've never been able to have a ST as an adult as I was away so often :(

I served in the RAF for 25 years and I would have no hesitation in recommending a career in the Armed Forces to any youngster. It was the making of me. Fantastic people, great training, decent pay and brilliant sporting & educational opportunities. I've been out 3 years now & I can still call upon them for support. And now, at 45 years old, I get a pension of £15K a year :-)

would you encourage your own children to do it mate? Please don't take that the wrong way, i cant imagine a job that i would be more proud of my daughter doing, but i would never want her to do it.

Yep, 05 and 2015 are crap in comparison to 75 but at least they are still non-contributory.

Non-contributory is another way of saying " we get paid less than we otherwise would."

I haven't taken too much interest in the 2015 scheme as I say I am just topping up, but no bugger is hanging around because of it.

Manning levels are becoming critical in some branches despite the offer of retention bonuses.

I know of seven blokes who have been offered 50 grand to commit for another 5 years; five of them are not interested.

I am not a status quo-ist like you. I draw my own conclusions. How is expressing those that "dream" about firing guns are fucking nuts is a weird view?

The army exists.. the navy.. etc. It has to. So I can't question the people who sign up? That's ridiculous.

I think they're fucking nuts in most cases. Shoot me. Who grows up wanting to learn how to kill? .. yeah yeah it's a necessity.. but you want me to celebrate it? no chance.

You don't know many people in the Armed Forces do you?

If you're genuinely nuts you're not going to get in for a start. I've never met anyone who dreams about firing guns (in fact. it's the last thing any of us really want to do) nor have I met anyone who gre up wanting to learn how to kill.

You don't know many people in the Armed Forces do you?

If you're genuinely nuts you're not going to get in for a start. I've never met anyone who dreams about firing guns (in fact. it's the last thing any of us really want to do) nor have I met anyone who gre up wanting to learn how to kill.

Well why do they go in then? Patriotism? = nuts for me... sorry.

would you encourage your own children to do it mate? Please don't take that the wrong way, i cant imagine a job that i would be more proud of my daughter doing, but i would never want her to do it.

My lad has shown no interest in joining up but if he had I would have encouraged him to do so if that's what he really wanted to do. It's a brilliant way of life for the most part.

Non-contributory is another way of saying " we get paid less than we otherwise would."

I haven't taken too much interest in the 2015 scheme as I say I am just topping up, but no bugger is hanging around because of it.

Manning levels are becoming critical in some branches despite the offer of retention bonuses.

I know of seven blokes who have been offered 50 grand to commit for another 5 years; five of them are not interested.

Can't aruge with any of that really. And I have left after all so I had obviously had enough :-) My mainreason for leaving though was that it was finally time to put down some roots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.