Could you join the armed forces?

Trained as a Royal Navy chef. The only course in the Navy that everyone has failed :)
Not heard that one for a bit Mick ha ha.it used to be "the hardest course in the Navy because every one failed " the old ones are the best lol

Signing up (or trying to) for the RAF regiment next year, fitness wise i'm ready but just don't feel it mentally yet, want to enjoy living a normal life for a year first (only 18) then i'm signing up. Always wanted to be in the airforce but my eye sight let me down.

RAF regiment is essentially the infantry of the airforce, defend forward operating bases, airfields, and operate SAM sites if necessary, for those who don't know.
L
Signing up (or trying to) for the RAF regiment next year, fitness wise i'm ready but just don't feel it mentally yet, want to enjoy living a normal life for a year first (only 18) then i'm signing up. Always wanted to be in the airforce but my eye sight let me down.

RAF regiment is essentially the infantry of the airforce, defend forward operating bases, airfields, and operate SAM sites if necessary, for those who don't know.
Lee Crooks ,WHO PLAYED IN THE PLAY OFF against Gillingham was in the Regiment

One of the main reasons i submitted my notice in Septemebr. 25 years on the 75 scheme. The old scheme was gold plated, the new pension scheme is more bronze. Also turned down the FRI. Anyone who joins up now will not have known any difference in the pension scheme so i suppose it will not matter. Past 25 years plus i have had a decent wage, been able to afford nice things and a nice house. Just time to try something different. Given the chance would i do it again. Yes!

Tried quoting the post where you mentioned CTW but it wouldn't for some reason.

I know what you're saying about new folk joining and them not knowing the difference with regard to the new pension scheme.

That is largely true but there are plenty around who are aware of what someone like me will get compare to what they won't be getting. A lot make it a point of asking people like myself.

I probably didn't give a shit about my pension till I'd done about 20 years; now I can't stop thinking about it and I like a dabble every now and again on the pension calculator.

I might retire as Vice Admiral next time I am on it :)

Yeah I should have elaborated - those with nuclear tickets and the experience to go with it.

You're and ex-stoker but for all anyone knows , you could have been a spud tanky :)
Hahaha.neither would of be any benefit for my current job.my intake was actually for subs but never served any time on one.

Wouldn't have minded getting my dolphins.few mates have then,that's my only regret if I really had to nitpick.

Am too young to know national service but know many people who did it too mixed reactions,
(Though maybe that's for discussion elsewhere.) I reckon it could be a good thing and be the making of some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.