Cover For David Silva?

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Rather than becoming obsessed with buying the likes of Maicon, Alves, & Torres in the January transfer window, David Silva is, imo, the only member of our current squad that we cannot adequately cover for when absent.

Now that he is injured, I do seriously hope that this is is a situation that the club are actively looking to remedy, as, I feel, the lack of a skilful midffelder to open up the opposition, may seriously affect our chances of finishing in a top 4 spot if not dealt with in the next 3 weeks.

Does anybody else agree, and if so who would be your choice for the job?

Tevez is the answer with Balo & Dzeko up front, next season Gourcuff, Pastore or Martinez could all play the role.

I still think goofy himeslf would have been worth a punt,if only to get us through to the end of the season

Pjanic

really top class player, Bosnian just like Dzeko. Attacking midfielder exactly the same style as David Silva

would cost about 12 million i think from Lyon

BIG DONKEY said:
Pjanic

really top class player, Bosnian just like Dzeko. Attacking midfielder exactly the same style as David Silva

would cost about 12 million i think from Lyon

Deja Vu, haha

waspish said:
Thought this Gia guy would be similar to Silva but still a but raw
He doesn't play much like Tevez. More like Adam Johnson, perhaps his Barcelona schooling would have instilled a bit of vision in him, but form what I have seen he is a run at the defender kinda player.

I also think we could use cover for Silva/ 2nd playmaker.

Someone we could also use to play on the left occasionally and rotate with Balo.

Someone who would easily play from the bench.

My first choice would be to try to snag Shinji Kagawa but that might be a tad unrealistic after only 6mths at Dortmund. I reckon it would take a mega bid to get him in his current form.

so what about Zvjezdan Misimović http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zvjezdan_Misimović ?

If you look at the Dzeko video's you'll see alot of the goals were setup for Grafite and Dzeko by this guy. He's since moved in a 5mil transfer to Galatasaray but has been benched as hes out of favour with the coach.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuNe2rNGI4Y&feature=related[/youtube]

Zvjezdan Misimović looks good on the clips. Two footed with vision. Would he be happy to come to City and be a 'part' player? At 28 he is older than Mancini's signings so I don't think he will be targeted but if he was then it could be very interesting. He could possibly play a central role helping to dictate the play with Silva and others further forward.

Seems to have a little trouble with Coaches so not sure if we need that type of character given the ones we already have.

Miralem Pjanic at 20 looks like he may fit the bill more as he could be happier to play a more supporting role as he develops his game. Maybe after 2 years at Lyon he would be happy to move on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.