Cover versions you think were better than the originals

I know these tv show "talents" generally get a bad press, and I know she's a bit of a pound shop Whitney, but I think she put her own mark on this tune and did a decent job.

She did… but better? Don’t think so

She did… but better? Don’t think so
Yeah I kind of agree, and I know what your saying.
I like the original, but hearing her voice on it changes the song dynamics for me, it kind of suits her delivery and resonates more.
Plus the production is better, to my ears anyway.
Maybe I was just impressed that one of those x factor/ talent thingy people could bang a tune out.
I'll go and listen to the original again.

Yeah I kind of agree, and I know what your saying.
I like the original, but hearing her voice on it changes the song dynamics for me, it kind of suits her delivery and resonates more.
Plus the production is better, to my ears anyway.
Maybe I was just impressed that one of those x factor/ talent thingy people could bang a tune out.
I'll go and listen to the original again.
Right then, I'm back from watching the original.
It's OK, but it reminded me that I'm not that keen on snow patrol.
I'd probably already fucked them off long before Ms Lewis came along.
It is indeed a great song, spoiled by that pretentious video where they show no respect for 70s two stroke motorcycles, and risk starting forest fires by setting off more flares than Simon le bon and Mark Thatcher put together.
Can't really compete with leona strolling about looking sultry.
I guess pound shop just reminded me what a good song it was, but I'll concede, video aside, the original is better.
Fair dos

Right then, I'm back from watching the original.
It's OK, but it reminded me that I'm not that keen on snow patrol.
I'd probably already fucked them off long before Ms Lewis came along.
It is indeed a great song, spoiled by that pretentious video where they show no respect for 70s two stroke motorcycles, and risk starting forest fires by setting off more flares than Simon le bon and Mark Thatcher put together.
Can't really compete with leona strolling about looking sultry.
I guess pound shop just reminded me what a good song it was, but I'll concede, video aside, the original is better.
Fair dos
Haha, great summation… had me laughing

Haha, great summation… had me laughing
Cheers.
I'm not a fan of the x factor but now and again a half decent talent comes along and I kind of take notice.
This clip is full of bullshit, oleary, Cowell, that Irish fella whose name escapes me. All making money off her in one way or another.
But she comes on and nails the song. I guess I have a bit of respect for her. I hope she's made a few million, fair play to her.
You're still right of course, the original is the better version, but she's giving it a go I'll give her that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.