COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The uks death rate seems to very high compared to other countries. And considering we are a few weeks back on say Italy. It could get really bad

The Swine Flu vaccine was delivered in October, with the pandemic starting in March. 7 months from outbreak to vaccination.

No one should be expecting a vaccine to come around in a few weeks, but the people who are saying it won't be ready for 18 months-2 years are either underplaying it strategically or not really appreciating how much more quickly the wheels turn when people are dying in their thousands.

I personally think that we are going to have a very bad next 4-6 weeks. Full lock down, several thousand people dying in the UK. Hopefully the social policies keep us below the NHS's capacity and we don't see a spiral out of control, but there's going to be a 2 week lag time minimum just from the implementations made on Monday.

After that, the existing medications like Chloroquinine, Ritonavir etc. will have been trialled and start being used widely which should lower death rates quite a bit, but we will be in a similar situation to what we're in now.

Then if the social controls are as effective as the modelling suggests, the case loads will drop significantly, treatment will be ever improving and some social restrictions will lift around July.

And then a vaccine or effective antibody treatment will arrive before the predicted second wave in the autumn.
Our chief has said a year would be amazing but it will be longer

Can I help?

I work in recruitment.
I'm signed up with indeed etc but no joy I have just applied for a job at the christie also got a chance mc'vities I've been a caretaker for the last 20 years.just waiting on the Mac vits one so could pm you for advise if nothing happens and thanks mate.

The uks death rate seems to very high compared to other countries. And considering we are a few weeks back on say Italy. It could get really bad

You can't really tell from them figures as other countries are testing alot more people than we are, our scientists say 1% of people who catch this will die, so use that to truly work out how many people are infected or have been.

No idea if it’s been mentioned, as I’ve been away from the thread for 48 hours, but lockdown will happen tomorrow apparently. Decent source.

They are going to have to do something drastic soon, coming home from work this morning it’s like normal outside, people just aren’t getting it, had to,pop into Aldi for our weekly shop, it was rammed, absolutely zero social distancing. I get people have to make a living and stuff but we certainly aren’t controlling this well. Hopefully with the schools shut now it should do but looking at key workers it’s millions of people, I do t see it making much difference unless we go into a complete lockdown.

An employee of NBC News in the US has died after testing positive for coronavirus

Asda to hire 5,000 people laid off elsewhere because of COVID-19

The supermarket said it was working with 20 national companies to bring in people from industries including food and travel.

Chief executive Roger Burnley said: "During these difficult times everyone has to work together to help people most affected by Covid-19 and Asda is pleased to play its part.

"That is why today we have committed to hiring more than 5,000 employees who have lost their jobs due to Covid-19 and have been left with deep concerns about their household budgets

Lidl to hire 2,500 workers on four-week contracts

Recruits can start immediately and will be paid at least £9.30 an hour.

The supermarket said: "The new hires will be responsible for working together to keep the store clean, tidy and the shelves well stocked so that customers can get the products they need

Every supermarket is hiring. Tesco offering £10 an hour to stack shelves etc.

The number of people who have died in England after contracting coronavirus has risen by 39 in a day - taking the UK's total to 184.

It comes after a third person - a 71-year-old with underlying health conditions - died in Wales after contracting COVID-19, according to authorities there on Friday morning.

Northern Ireland also confirmed testing there had resulted in nine new positive cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Northern Ireland to 86.

There were 3,269 confirmed cases in the UK recorded by Thursday evening. The number of confirmed cases will be updated later today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.