COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far down the line so to speak do you self isolate ?

My lads girlfriend who was round on Wednesday and works in a hospital has been sent home to self isolate (today). If my son is told to self isolate by his firm and he lives with me doesnt that mean we have to self isolate as well. Seeing as it was Wednesday she was round I guess we carry on as normal ?? Confused

Where are your figures coming from?

Worldwide there has been 10000 deaths since it started, that is not 1000 a day, is it?

Show us the details

Look at the trajectory. It surpassed 1000 for the first time yesterday but today will go closer to 2000. You can see how it will go from there, not by being negative but by the reality of the numbers. We have 6/7 weeks of information now so we can start to project numbers with a level of certainty.

The uks death rate seems to very high compared to other countries. And considering we are a few weeks back on say Italy. It could get really bad
Death rate variations from country to country are mostly down to testing. Countries that are missing more mild/asymptotic cases will appear to have higher death rates. That is until heathcare capacity is breached, then it’s just an awful situation and the death rate will unavoidably rise.

Been invited to two different pubs for a pint and refused both offers.

I was really tempted as I like a nice beer after work on a friday, but really am trying to be sensible and responsible towards others
Why would anyone want to go to the pub when you can sit and chat to us?
London hospital declares critical incident' after running out of ICU beds due to surge in Covid-19 cases

https://www.hsj.co.uk/news/hospital...elmed-by-coronavirus-patients/7027189.article

Given where we are (potentially) on the exponential curve. Not good kids. Govt a week off the pace for my money.

Lots of people, probably including me are going to be out of work fairly soon.

let’s hope Sainsbury’s increase staff numbers

I saved up some money and left my job a week before Christmas due to stress and wanting to spend time with my family down south. Had about ten weeks of bliss sitting about my parent's home cooking and watching shit films with my mum. Gained a bit of weight (in a good way) and got my head screwed back on. That's the most time I've spent with them in ten years and I'm still 100% sure I made the right decision.

However, I got back home to Manchester a couple of weeks ago, now with no real hope of finding employment and I'm going to be struggling to pay rent in two months. My timing, as always, is impeccable.

tbh I dont know why they didnt isolate the old and vulnerable and let the rest of us continue to provide the support and food and services that the vulnerable and old will need.

Because essentially you are telling a sub section of society to remain locked in their house for up to 12-18 months. It needs to be a blanket approach.

The Swine Flu vaccine was delivered in October, with the pandemic starting in March. 7 months from outbreak to vaccination.

No one should be expecting a vaccine to come around in a few weeks, but the people who are saying it won't be ready for 18 months-2 years are either underplaying it strategically or not really appreciating how much more quickly the wheels turn when people are dying in their thousands.

There's a difference to corona though:
"FDA approval was expected, as the vaccines are made the same way as seasonal flu vaccines. The FDA has previously said it considers the swine flu vaccine merely a strain change from the seasonal flu vaccine, avoiding the lengthy approval process that new vaccines must go through."

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20090915/swine-flu-vaccines-get-fda-nod#1

Nursery have just told us they are shutting the doors from 6pm tonight as not financially viable to stay open, not enough parents are key workers. Primary school are unsure if they have enough places as too high demand to keep on children of key workers.

That leaves us with no childcare next week, my wife is part time at the NHS and has been told she has to be there, isolating grandparents are not an option so I'd have to sacrifice my full time wage, creating huge financial issues.

Shitting it now to be honest. Either parental leave and hardly any income or my wife walks away from the NHS role all together. I don't think that is quite what Boris has in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.