COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm signed up with indeed etc but no joy I have just applied for a job at the christie also got a chance mc'vities I've been a caretaker for the last 20 years.just waiting on the Mac vits one so could pm you for advise if nothing happens and thanks mate.

Sending PM.

Nursery have just told us they are shutting the doors from 6pm tonight as not financially viable to stay open, not enough parents are key workers. Primary school are unsure if they have enough places as too high demand to keep on children of key workers.

That leaves us with no childcare next week, my wife is part time at the NHS and has been told she has to be there, isolating grandparents are not an option so I'd have to sacrifice my full time wage, creating huge financial issues.

Shitting it now to be honest. Either parental leave and hardly any income or my wife walks away from the NHS role all together. I don't think that is quite what Boris has in mind.

This is where the government need to step in an give money directly to people’s bank accounts. No questions asked

Not so, I believe. Aren’t lots of that number leavers rather than retirees?

No if you retire you have to give up your licence,they want retired staff back,quick retrain and given their licences back,even going to work anywhere in the nhs is risky but i suuppose needs must
I think you are wrong, Karen. Only a proportion are retirees. This is from the NHS website:

“England’s top nurse and top doctor have called on colleagues who have left the NHS in recent years to re-register and help the health service to tackle the “greatest global health threat” in a century.

Health bodies are writing out to those who have left their profession in the last three years with up to date skills and experience, asking them to return. People vulnerable to coronavirus will not be expected to re-join.”

According to BBC TV news this morning, a substantial number are under 65. Plenty were in their forties and fifties.

tbh I dont know why they didnt isolate the old and vulnerable and let the rest of us continue to provide the support and food and services that the vulnerable and old will need.

I have neighbours who now cannot buy milk, the delivery hasnt happened, the delivery firm have people off sick.

Really think we've gone nuclear on this and it is causing many more issues.

Dont go too hard on me guys, it's just my opinion at the moment having been shopping and seen the carnage
Army and utility companies have a high proportion of HGV drivers that could be called in.

I think you are wrong, Karen. Only a proportion are retirees. This is from the NHS website:

“England’s top nurse and top doctor have called on colleagues who have left the NHS in recent years to re-register and help the health service to tackle the “greatest global health threat” in a century.

Health bodies are writing out to those who have left their profession in the last three years with up to date skills and experience, asking them to return. People vulnerable to coronavirus will not be expected to re-join.”

According to BBC TV news this morning, a substantial number are under 65. Plenty were in their forties and fifties.
Ah right i just saw the headline on the news,they still have to have their licences given back ,i think that is where the use of retirees come from,they have "retired" from the NHS and havegiven up their licence

No offence but since this thread started you have come across as someone who most people in an office would avoid as well, so probably best you do work from home

It is good that you know you are an introvert

harsh! but made me laugh.
#inthistogether
Me too. Don’t you just love posts that start “No offence but...”?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.