COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the right move in so many ways. The country benefits now in their time of need and the government benefit at a later date when their public opinion polls are through the roof.
Folk tend to remember who was there for them in a moment of crisis.

I've waivered a lot from my initial assessment of economic and public measures but it's now very close to what I expected originally. This is the sweet pill for the weekend mixed with the harsh medicine that life has to come to a halt for a while. In a couple of weeks this nation will likely be in pieces and traumatised. This is a long haul guys and gals. Please take care of yourselves and each other emotionally and physically in the coming days and months. Sticking together in times like these can have a very real positive effect on the outcomes. As much as this evening's announcement offers some relief, in the coming months, every one of us is very likely to at some point get anxious, or emotional, or depressed, or negative, or get at each other, or act stupidly or thoughtlessly. It's going to happen loads, and if I could put one thought in people's minds, it's that that's okay, there's no need to feel ashamed at yourself, just remember where we started, that we are in it for the long haul, and it's always one step at a time, and there's no better step than quickly putting something behind you and getting back on track.

I'd have sworn blind a Tory government were elected, have they been replaced by aliens or should I just worry even more than I was?

thnks for that,never ever thought other people were involved except little old me
did i say otherwise ???
after 10 years of austerity

What is the point of your post? As originally stated what do you expect to be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.