COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this has guaranteed Labour won't be getting in for an even longer time, if they implement everything they have just outlined!
Presumably this will be paid for by printing vast sums of money. When we come out of this crisis it will be what the government do then that will determine their popularity.

They may well reintroduce austerity.

Fair fucks to the government, millions of folk must be breathing a sigh of relief there.

Well done Borris and I never thought I'd say that.

Where does all this money come from?
I think the sell off Bonds bit like in the war, so investors will be buying them up, although I could be taking complete shite, it wouldn’t be the first time.

My point applies generally though industrial disputes tend to be about the watering down of T's and C's and economically driven changes to working practice. I can't think of any recent examples outside of the NHS, education, emergency services and transport tbh....all key workers. Who are the serial whingers?
Let’s keep the thread peaceful and not go there ;)

Fair fucks to the government, millions of folk must be breathing a sigh of relief there.

Well done Borris and I never thought I'd say that.

Where does all this money come from?

It’s what we asked Labour at the election ;-)

But in all seriousness we’re borrowing it.

Oh do shut up,now is not the time to pick at each others ,,again ,put personal shit aside,you should know better,the chancellor will be leading and boris signing off,that is the point of having a chancellor
The CBI, the Unions and others put pressure on. They were all in lengthy talks yesterday. It's not just the chancellor.

All good stuff think there is only the self employed, zero hour contract/gig economy workers left out (or I missed that bit) but reckon there will be some sort of safety net for pretty much everyone when all said and done.

Lockdown starting. Let’s hope it’s in time and is sufficient. Fingers crossed.

You 'don't think that's true' ???
Bounced into school closures, bounced into pubs shops closures etc., total reversal of strategy last friday.
Bounced into today's economic measures after Sunak's 'con' of soft loans.
I really feel sorry for the likes of you.
A life of bitterness can’t be good for your well-being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.