COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. Shaelumstash

Shaelumstash

Funny, because ICL who are supplying Boris with the modelling, said they only realised after his first speech that they got the death rate figure wrong and following the initial strategy would have resulted in 250k deaths and would result in the NHS going 800% over capacity, so they had to change strategy.

They’ve published the data and in the report explained they only realised the data was wrong after the initial speech was made.

Unless you have some further info to suggest ICL published a fake report??

2. robbieh

robbieh

Exactly. That's why the experience of China is important to know, as while there are scientific theories based on biochemistry, the evidence based medicine is more reassuring.

As an addendum to BlueAnoraks great post, hypertensives are usually recommended to lower their sodium in take. I know several who followed this to the letter while taking ACEIs. Their sodium levels dropped dramatically. As they work as a pair the potassium went up.

3. Uffa

Uffa

Team supported:
    Juventus
    Because the result is what matters in the end, the result is what's easier to remember. Winners write history and all that. Same in football really, if you win a match you're more likely to judge your team's errors less harshly. Same will happen for countries in this pandemic.

BosnianBlue and purplenose like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. oman0115

oman0115

It really is and any of the ‘it’s just the flu’ brigade need to be made to watch it

DRINKLEVEDRY likes this.
  5. Vic

Vic

Last time I came off (forgot my tablets on a conference) I called in for a test at a pharmacy and the pharmacist checked the machine on himself as I was over 200 and I still looked ok.

Thanks to whoever posted the clinical advice. You've eased my mind about something I didn't know I should be worried about!

6. DRINKLEVEDRY

DRINKLEVEDRY

Team supported:
    City
    Watched it yesterday so sad.

7. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

I have just played in our winter final. Club house closed . Cant touch the flags or anyone else ball or scorecard .post in to pro shop at end

I am so shit plenty of social distancing,!

give it to gordon likes this.
  8. Vic

Vic

Slowly.

Do we really need the wheel?

9. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

The flattening in the rise of new cases over the last two days says you're wrong.

10. M18CTID

M18CTID

No doubt this will get worse before it gets better, but that’s a big statement of yours when you look at the figures for other countries around Europe - figures that are showing few signs of abating. Even Germany’s are rocketing and that country can do no wrong in the eyes of some.