COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

I'm recomending these - unless you have kidney disease - when you need to talk to your doctor about Potasium in your diet.

Indaparkside likes this.
  2. M18CTID

M18CTID

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but 3355 more cases in Spain today and 233 more deaths

3. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Haha! You bad man!

M18CTID likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Hesperus

Hesperus

my daughter is 5. Does it make sense now?

5. M18CTID

M18CTID

I’m blaming the other half’s daughter for telling us no-one was in and they were down the pub!

gordondaviesmoustache likes this.
  6. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Shoplifting must be rife, no way you can monitor X10 of the shoppers that usually go in. By the way anyone want to buy 12, jars of Nescafé half price:)

7. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

I just don’t think the change of strategy has actually changed that much to call it a ‘fuck up’ or ‘u turn’.

We knew further measures were never that far away and a week is a long time here.

We also knew a lockdown will eventually come but it has to be timed right and we’re gradually getting there.

8. Hesperus

Hesperus

that’s the problem though. If one of us have to give up work to look after our daughter then we lose an income, which we rely on. Also it means the essential worker doesn’t get to do the job they need to do potentially.

I’m not saying that’s how it would work but the household has had to self isolate this week. As my daughter started with a dry cough on Tuesday. My wife has tried to work from home along with me and it’s been a real struggle with a 5 year old.

we might decide that it’s more important that my wife continues to work but that would be financial suicide for us.

9. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

I'm on low dose ACEs for moderate BP. I survived the illness. My BP shot up to 190/77 while ill though so stopping taking them may not be a good idea if you have hypertension.
    There is an alternate medicine group ARBs, but they dont completely cover you from hypertension illnesses like ACEs.
    Talk to your doctor.

10. Marvin

Marvin

Images from Chine Nouvelle/SIPA/REX/Shutterstock of medics flying around the world.

The first is from Wuhan international airport which I liked because this is of course where the infection started and it shows that it does pass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

davek1808 likes this.