COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Yeah, that’s brilliant.

Know of a guy who’s got a chain of pubs in the midlands who was so glad at the government bail out that he offered his 66 staff, including himself, to the NHS, for free until this is over.

There are plenty of great stories among all the selfishness.

kippax4ever and Ban-jani like this.
  2. abu13

abu13

Team supported:
    Gods own
    You are right to be proud of her, what she is doing at the moment is making the difference between life and death. I am sure you reminder of that but please let her know there are plenty of people out here that who thank her for what she is doing.

3. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

The One Show congratulating parents for looking after their own children.....for one whole day.
    Have we really got so pathetic? ffs

lancs blue, kippax4ever and beast like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    Italian mayors had enough of their share of idiots:

5. Pablo1

Pablo1

Would be in line with what’s happened here in Spain. Only supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and petrol stations open right now. Still a few places doing delivery meals and such but all non essential retail shut.

6. karen7

karen7

There is nothing you can do but keep repeating yourself,i can understand where he is coming from though,a lot of older people live to go out and speak to people,human contact is so important,also they say well i have lived through worse than this before,how you get them to realise the danger to themselves and their families i don't know,hope your dad stays safe

7. i8rags

i8rags

Shame you can’t fly there, traitor

Psychedelic Casual likes this.
  8. i8rags

i8rags

If he can get it out of the government wallet, he’s been stuck in it for a week, thank god

9. AlgarveBlu

AlgarveBlu

Just read this article which suggests that two thirds of patients who fall critically ill are due to Obesity according to NHS data and 40% are under the age of 60.
    • Excess weight against chest makes it harder for muscles to draw in deep breath
    • Weak immune system allows COVID-19 to spread to lungs and cause pneumonia
    • These two factors may explain why two thirds of ICU coronavirus patients obese

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Medics-warn-patients-high-BMI-likely-die.html

10. Gabriel

Gabriel

Think the Netherlands is being pragmatic. Better to set a distant date that covers major festivals (Easter/King's Day) and commemorations (Liberation Day), as that then allows people to get it into their minds that this will be one long slog. If the ban is lifted earlier, which if people adhere it could be, the greater the relief.

BosnianBlue likes this.