COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura whatsit on BBC says he may well shut retail down apart from food and essentials like pharmacies and petrol.
Would be in line with what’s happened here in Spain. Only supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and petrol stations open right now. Still a few places doing delivery meals and such but all non essential retail shut.

My dad basically has said it, what can I do, when he's 200 miles away ?
There is nothing you can do but keep repeating yourself,i can understand where he is coming from though,a lot of older people live to go out and speak to people,human contact is so important,also they say well i have lived through worse than this before,how you get them to realise the danger to themselves and their families i don't know,hope your dad stays safe

A friend of mine has gone into hibernation due to his BMI of 40....never understand how a veggie can be so unfit. Whenever I eat too many pulses or Veg I end up shitting for England.

Just read this article which suggests that two thirds of patients who fall critically ill are due to Obesity according to NHS data and 40% are under the age of 60.
  • Excess weight against chest makes it harder for muscles to draw in deep breath
  • Weak immune system allows COVID-19 to spread to lungs and cause pneumonia
  • These two factors may explain why two thirds of ICU coronavirus patients obese

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Medics-warn-patients-high-BMI-likely-die.html

Netherlands bit more pessimistic than Liverpool's friends in media and PL. They banned all gatherings up to June 1st.

Think the Netherlands is being pragmatic. Better to set a distant date that covers major festivals (Easter/King's Day) and commemorations (Liberation Day), as that then allows people to get it into their minds that this will be one long slog. If the ban is lifted earlier, which if people adhere it could be, the greater the relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.