COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture on the Tube is shocking. Are the same posters still insisting everything is crystal clear about travelling to work?

I assume so.

For example; construction is open today and unless they're building hospitals for this crisis then it just isn't essential at the moment (not to dismiss those in that sector as they are essential at different times).

Sports Direct are staying shut now.

Don't want people to lose jobs but hope Mike Ashley struggles, the self serving prick.

My take is that it’s simply incompetence.
Inevitably things are never black and white. If we have a complete and total lockdown then people would be unable to buy food because the food factories and distribution networks would be shut. And what about if your car breaks down and you are a doctor unable to get to work because no-one can get the parts needed to fix it? And the old lady whose central heating broke and had no hot water because there are no replacement pumps?

That said, I think in trying to get right the balance between preventing as many deaths as possible, and on the other hand keeping things running as much as they can, they have consistently erred much too far towards the latter. And some of the decisions like not cancelling Cheltenham for example are inexcusable.

This "exercise once per day" is horseshit as well. People will abuse it greatly.

The other thing they have not done and which needs to be done because it is a HUGE problem, is there are no online delivery slots for most people. So people are forced to go to the supermarket and fight amongst the crowds with people staying nowhere near 2m apart and few wearing masks. This is a breeding ground for infection which will impact upon many.

The government should act immediately to help in any way it can to improve availability of delivery services - e.g. getting the army to do some - and also require the supermarkets to control numbers and safe distances.

Another example of the lack of clarity this morning:

Even the government are getting it wrong.

There needs to be a lot stronger message at some point today.

It’s ridiculous how some employers are still opening when the majority can do the same job at home. The place I work at are not usually that well organised, but 3 week ago they made 50% of the building work from home, within 3 days they changed it to everyone should work from home. They took a list of every employee in the building (around 300-400 people) who didn’t have their own laptop and instantly ordered how many they needed. Within days everyone was working at home, and only our customer facing staff leaving home in absolute emergency situations.
Exactly how it should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.