COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The epidemic in Italy is fueled largely by an epidemic in Lombardy now not by migrants who escaped Lombardy. I remember when the Italian press leaked the Lombardy lockdown but we have similar issues with Londoners moving to 2nd homes in Cornwall, Wales, and the Highlands.

The number of new cases that we get each day is proportional to the number of cases we have and the transmission rate. It's rise is inexorable unless we do something radical to impact on the transmission rate going forward.

We have a big advantage over Italy in that our number of cases is way below theirs which mean that if we impose strict isolation measures now, and test then we can get on top of the new cases. Italy shows social isolation works but it would be incredibly stupid to slowly ratchet it up until we are in the teeth of it, otherwise we'll see a lot of deaths too. Better to lockdown now, then we could halt the growth before the number of cases gets too high remembering that around 1% of infected people will die.

I don't see why people should have such faith in the UK government over and above the Italians. So far they have done nothing to deserve it. Perhaps the relative complacency comes from the UK's existence as an island nation which probably reduced our initial numbers and left us someway down the list. That's a lucky break due to geography not competence.

Not sure you can claim ‘Italy shows that social isolation works’ just yet.

It just gets pretty tiring listening to people continually having a go at our Govt left, right and centre and acting like it’s all rosy everywhere else.

Johnson could come out and tell everyone they can’t leave their homes but we still have enough dickheads who wouldn’t listen.

I need to stay in before i leather someone.
Had to go pick my prescription up in poynton. Everyone queuing outside as only 3 at a time allowed inside at designated spots. Everyone conforming.

Next min brenda and ken turn up, causing absolute havoc. Brenda walks right in despite the HUGE sign saying 3 at a time because “shes only looking to see if theres any gaviscon”. Kens stood blocking the doorway shouting her , brenda keeps ignoring him saying “she wont be a minute”. I told her she needs to get out. The girl behind the counter tells her she needs to get out. Brenda announces “she wont be long, just seeing if theres any gaviscon”.

Then, mrs stevens who has been at the counter for 10 mins telling the staff about her leg ulcer joins ken and brenda in the doorway having a chat. When i tried to leave i stood back and said they need move. Ken said “plenty of room son”, whilst shuffling back a foot.

Sorry for that long story but it actually happened today. My point is that from what ive seen its older people not giving a fuck

Non peer reviewed research from China says Group O blood means you're somewhat less likely to get it and Group A more likely. It didn't specify A negative...

("Rhesus? They're monkeys, aren't they?' Tony Hancock)
Coralation does not imply Causation.
It may be the genetic heritage of the one of the Han Chanese Subgroups who happen to have type 'A' blood.

Which three?
Bee-Gees_l_4711.jpg.cf.jpg

So even if your place of work is not essential, you can still be told that you have to go in?
Yep sounds like it.
How long this will go on for who knows.
I dont think it helps that there is little or no advice available to explain how the 80% of staffs wages is paid/claimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.