COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symptoms can sometimes lye dormant for a week or two before they start showing. Also, the amount of people in the developed world who are that arrogant, they will carry on travelling and not following any of the guidelines or restrictions. When people have paid money for flights and also wrapped up in their own self-importance, there's no chance of containing in.

Then flights should be cancelled by government(s) and anyone disobeying should be arrested

We will need government investment into households and businesses if this takes hold and we are essentially locked down for 12 weeks. Banks must be given money so mortgages don’t default, private landlords sorted out, bars/restaurants compensated etc

Then flights should be cancelled by government(s) and anyone disobeying should be arrested

We will need government investment into households and businesses if this takes hold and we are essentially locked down for 12 weeks. Banks must be given money so mortgages don’t default, private landlords sorted out, bars/restaurants compensated etc

I agree, if it comes to it then it's gonna have to be done. My financial knowledge isn't great but it could be make or break time for a lot of countries.

We import 40% of our food, self-isolation may not be a practical proposition for very long.

I'm more in favour of concentrating on basic containment measures rather than anything drastic such as essentially shutting the country down - and before anyone asks I'm in the high-risk category too (65 and on permanent medication for asthma).
Depending on how many 'go' we may not need that 40%, just saying.....

I watched the press conference today and I just don’t get it - we’ve less than 40 known cases in the UK. Those people are now in isolation and/or being treated. How do we go from that to potentially 80% of the population being infected?

It doesn’t seem credible or realistic. My conclusion is based on nothing as I’ve no scientific/disease knowledge whatsoever so it’s likely to me that has the problem but if someone could give an outline of how we go from 39 cases to millions in the space of a few months, that would be appreciated
40, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280

keep doing that every couple of days for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.