COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. kaz7

kaz7

We have a very big elderly population in this country also we are not a very healthy population,lots of middle age people are not healthy,it is ok for young fit people to say it's not a problem but to millions it will be

2. SWP's back

SWP's back

Spanish Flu had a fatality rate of 1%.

It killed between 50-100m people worldwide.

This is 2 to 4 times worse, and before anyone says “that’s was 100 years ago”, unlike with bacteria, we haven’t come a very long way with fighting viruses in that century.

This IS a killer virus and there’s a reason that world’s governments are taking it so seriously.

kaz7 likes this.
  3. grunge

grunge

day or 2 before symptoms? do you have links for that one please.

not that I dont beleive you, just trying to keep up to date.

Dr Campbell said late last week that it was infectious 12/24h after infection, on top of other videos where the inclubation period is 1-14 days with 10 on average.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. kaz7

kaz7

and i am not to far away from the brighton cases either! I am doomed i tell thee lol

5. SWP's back

SWP's back

“Meyers guessed that a typical infected person is probably contagious without showing symptoms for five or more days. ”

https://www.sciencealert.com/latest...eals-the-pattern-of-symptoms-to-watch-for/amp

6. mexico1970

mexico1970

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    If you look around there are a lot of very unhealthy young people too, they are not as fit as people born say 30/40/50 years ago, XBOX backsides and junk food may mean they aren't as immune or indestructible as we think, I sincerely hope they are though.

kaz7 likes this.
  7. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Not a huge surprise really. How many people are flying between China and Africa compared to the other flight routes? It seems like for the most part it's the more developed countries that are taking the brunt of it and I think that's just because there's going to be more travel between China and these countries.

8. ColinBellsjockstrap

ColinBellsjockstrap

9. MeatnSpudsMCFC

MeatnSpudsMCFC

Not entirely sure how to link tweets on here so can't, but someone posted a graphic which was from the 2018 citizen science experiment - BBC's pandemic documentary. They carried out research in the event of an outbreak and they show a simulation of the difference between washing and not washing your hands. It may sound repetitive when gov. officials roll out the line, but you can certainly see why they do it.

10. RightTurnClyde

RightTurnClyde

Latest update from the Abels