COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t met her, BK, but I suspect your good lady would appreciate an Oxford comma.
‘...kiss the wife, and then dream of a better day tomorrow.’ ;-)

He did that sadly and that was what he was told. There is 3 of us watching out for him so he will be OK. We've isolated ourselves for weeks so we do visit and stay over. None of us have any kids at home anymore so we should be safe to care. Hope you are good also and your family.
He is very lucky he has a good family,only got my brothers now,neither are well but both have wives so they are ok,nobody i know has caught the virus yet

Motly confined to Stockholm so far, but it said on the news today that 1 in 3 old peoples homes in Stockholm have got confirmed cases. It may look very bleak in another week or two.

Population density is also a big factor in infection spread. There's a good reason why cities are hit hardest and also in Italy whole families (including the elderly) live together making it worse.

Italy - 206 people per sqkm
UK - 272 people per sqkm
Sweden - 64 people per sqkm

It's been a bloody awful day and we're now paying for poor decisions and poor choices made by the government and the public early on. Things like the Cheltenham festival going ahead and then the public choosing to go to it should weigh heavily upon them.

Feels like the country is drowning.

We need testing. So much more testing. Only way we get these numbers down. NHS need so much more PPE as well.

Guardian reporting BMA as saying that “Stable coronavirus patients could be taken off ventilators in favour of saving those more likely to survive...as the UK braced for the outbreak to reach 1,000 deaths a day by the end of the week.”
Neither Spain nor Italy has reported 1,000 deaths in a day. Unimaginable horrors awaiting medical staff.

Guardian reporting BMA as saying that “Stable coronavirus patients could be taken off ventilators in favour of saving those more likely to survive...as the UK braced for the outbreak to reach 1,000 deaths a day by the end of the week.”
Neither Spain nor Italy has reported 1,000 deaths in a day. Unimaginable horrors awaiting medical staff.
We need more ventilators,we had a month maybe longer to get them done,other countries have got their hands on some more,making the above choice shouldn't be needed at this point,i am disgusted with our response to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.