COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Bluemoon115

I have a question. Sorry if it's already posted. Is there a risk if you just go outside with no one being around? Like there are many reports which say the virus can live upto 3 hours in the air but can it spread that way?
Chances are it'll be a smaller viral ose, which most will be able to fight off, but it's why they want the really vulnerable to remain indoors.

SWP's back

Hancock: Two new Nightingales will be built in Bristol and Harrogate
Hospitals in Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow are already being built
Whilst on the face of it, that may be worrying (as to how many may need ICU), the plus part is that it seems that no one will do without ventilator support that needs it. What happened in Italy and Spain with 60+ people having theirs taken off them for younger patients whilst sedated was beyond words, if understandable.

Last edited:

BlueAnorak

They're temporary hospitals, of course they're not keeping them.

You think UWE and the Excel centre were just being changed to hospitals forever?
They'll mothball the beds and other bits of kit but not the capacity.

domalino

Whilst on the face of it, that may be worrying (as to how many may need ICU), the plus part is that it seems that no one will do with ventilator support that needs it. What happened in Italy and Spain with 60+ people having theirs taken off them for younger patients whilst sedated was beyond words, if understandable.
I think the main thing is keeping Covid patients away from the other hospitals. Pooling the resources is obviously massively important too, there's not point having 10 ventilators at each hospital in the country and constantly moving them around, but one of the things the Chinese did that really helped stop the spread was separate their hospitals into covid only and anything but covid.

It's just too infectious and people in hospitals are the most vulnerable to dying from it. It also massively reduces the exposure of the nurses and doctors not working on covid wards.

kaz7

They're temporary hospitals, of course they're not keeping them.

You think UWE and the Excel centre were just being changed to hospitals forever?
I realy wish you wouldn't edit all your posts,it makes my answers pretty useless without seeing the whole thing at once,you have to be quick

Don't have an account?

Register now!