COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame a lot of these police dont put as much effort into this as they do with burglaries, attacks and other stuff. They dont want to know about them.
But easy targets like this they love. Never seem so many about with their note books.
Pathetic.
Fewer crimes so more time on the beat instead of filling in forms; more time to deal with people who are causing death by dangerous meeting

I thought that and (sad) checked. Loads more ways in through North Devon.

Use ANPR on Mways. If your car isn't registered locally, flash the number on the next matrix - "Is your journey really necessary? Be ready to be stopped by police."
Ha well done,my memory is shit,but i knew that

I think they should all be, anything from: fined, banned from driving, banned from holidaying, made to work on the front line in hospitals changing bedsheets, deported to some random island nobody else lives on, charged with terrorist offences, shot in the head...

Take your pick.
I do think we need to be careful about these alleged ‘crimes’ and the range of powers we are happy to give to the police. Breaking up parties or groups of people is one thing but a lot of the other stuff seems a bit over zealous. For example, the Northampton chief constable is talking about going through peoples shopping to check they’ve only bought ‘essentials’ whatever they are. Presumably they’ll then confiscate what they don’t think is essential, with no refund and no right of appeal?
5 forces have now got forms to report people on line who, according to the reporter, are ‘flouting the rules’.
It’s very easy to give power to the state and its institutions but often more difficult to take them back and we might just need to be careful what we wish for..

In Manchester alone. How can we be anywhere near the peak when there's probably tens of thousands of parties across the country about to happen over the easter weekend? It's going to drag on and on cos a large percentage of this country are thick as pigshit and ridiculously arrogant. They abuse this 'soft' lockdown. We needed a firmer one, because its the only way some dickheads will listen.
It wasn’t just Manchester, the figures were from GMP so were for the ten authorities.
I’m not condoning them at all because even 1 party is too many, but the headline figure doesn’t tell the whole story, surprise surprise.
Take a look at the graph, and in the bottom corner is a graphic showing the 664 cases were of several things that shouldn’t be happening, including sporting activities.

I do think we need to be careful about these alleged ‘crimes’ and the range of powers we are happy to give to the police. Breaking up parties or groups of people is one thing but a lot of the other stuff seems a bit over zealous. For example, the Northampton chief constable is talking about going through peoples shopping to check they’ve only bought ‘essentials’ whatever they are. Presumably they’ll then confiscate what they don’t think is essential, with no refund and no right of appeal?
5 forces have now got forms to report people on line who, according to the reporter, are ‘flouting the rules’.
It’s very easy to give power to the state and its institutions but often more difficult to take them back and we might just need to be careful what we wish for..
That Chief Constable seems a particular knobhead. However Downing Street has said that anything a shop that is authorised to be open can sell what ever it has in stock.

And what nurse wouldn't like to be working from home? (Facetious point)

The £10k is a 40% hike in MPs' annual office costs. It's on a use it or lose it basis so has to be accounted for.

It's available now. They're not waiting weeks for it unlike UC claimants. As most of the MPs I've met are in it for good reasons (even the Tories), rather than their own interest, I'm on your side in defending their salaries (pay for MPs was a left wing idea after all) but this exchange was about a suggestion that public sector workers working at home should get a pay cut. You didn't defend them; you leapt to the defence of MPs getting more money.

To be fair, I missed the exchange about public sector workers getting a pay cut. On the face of it, that sounds unreasonable. I say on the face of it, but if they are refuse collectors, then perhaps it is not so stupid. Depends on the circumstances I guess.

I cannot imagine the £10k for MPs expenses (if this is true - I don't even know if it is) has been introduced as some scam to lob them some extra bunce on the sly. There will be some rationale to it. And as I say, employers should be applauded for such behaviour. My employer has said I can claim up to £800 for additional office equipment. However since I am not a scrote, and I don't need any additional equipment, I won't be claiming for it. I suspect the same is true of many MPs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.